• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Mora versus Woody

DJlaysitup

Jim Mora came in with a "plan" - despite the talent he had. West Coast offense - oooh. McKay drafted players to run a vertical offense. Not connecting.

BK drafts running players who can light it up. Woody coaches old school eastern conference basketball. One or the other HAS to be fired.

To h#ll with friendships and EGOs - get off your arse ASG.

I understand the analogy but Mora is a coach. He will coach again. He was failed by Vick and Hartwell.

Quote:

Woody coaches old school eastern conference basketball.

You know better than to say something like this. Please don't disrespect "old school eastern conference ball" again.

Woody never played eastern conference basketball! He played for the Kings and Clippers. The only Eastern team he played for dumped him in the first year(Knicks).

Please no one mention Detroit. He was barely there and I don't think 4 years ago constitutes "old school".

I know we walk it up a lot. That does not make us "old school" E.C. basketball.

It's streetball. The picks have no purpose and infrequent. We play park ball. That's all I'm saying. When I think old school I think of respect for each and every posession. Clawing to get the ball back. We throw the ball away. You also have to, I think, throw the ball down low and pound. If only to kick it back out. We do none of that. If you are on board with Diesel and his Westhead plan, I might be right behind you. It is an easy way to mask this teams flaws. We would win more but we would never win it all playing like that. He's a different coach now than when he won the ring with the Lakers over two decades ago.

You must have some pent up hatred for streetball. This is the 3rd, 4th or 100th time you have compared the Hawks to streetball. Are you serious? Streetball is all ISO plays and pull up 3's off cross overs. This is not the offense we run, we run a simple pick and poll offense, not streetball! We only have maybe 3 plays it seems and unlike us, other teams scout well and bog down our offense easily leading it to look like one person dominating the ball while evryone else watches (STREETBALL, get it?). You, like the media, is over hyping this streetball/hip hop factor in sports a little too much. Give it a rest

Quote:

We only have maybe 3 plays it seems and unlike us, other teams scout well and bog down our offense easily leading it to look like one person dominating the ball while evryone else watches (STREETBALL, get it?).

You just made my point. On an NBA level, that is park ball. I play basketball. The Hawks play a lot like five guys that see each other a few times a month at the gym.