• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

BOTTOM LINE: WE NEED ATHLETES!

ATL_BALLER

If you look at the better players acquired during the Babcock regime, you'll some nice, smart, fundamentally sound--albeit uninspiring players (Ie. , Blaylock, Smitty, 'Reef.....). that leave us all pining for Nique's glory days.

What we need to rejevenate this franchise are some players that not only get the job done, but that bring a sense of excitement! It is a GAME, right? I am not necessarily calling for playground ballers--but at least guys that attack the basket and play with some sort of enthusiasm.

Specific guys that come to mind are J-Rich, Q-Rich, Miles, Kwame, JOneal...somebody to pump some life to each game and give people a reason to watch.

Even when we were winning 50 games under Wilkens, we were doing it with relatively boring players and a boring system. Whether some like it or not, the game has gotten younger and faster--and we need to bring in the type of athletes that can play at this level.

ANYONE short of Lebron to inspire this listless franchise!

• Admin

We have enought talent on this team already. Atheletes do not win games, talent, chemistry and smarts do...look at the Clippers, probably the most athletetic team in the league however they are not winning.

Our big problem is that our players do not play well together. Getting the most atheltic players are not going to solve that. Its getting the right combonation and most importantly finding a pg who can bring it all together.

I absolutely agree you need chemistry--but clearly this team has none. So, if we are starting over, why not build around an exciting ballplayer (we were making runs and filling seats in the 80's with Nique and the nice team built around him).

My point is that it is going to take more than winning to bring the fans back--it will take a team that is BOTH exciting and plays well together.