• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

What is our contract situation with...

DavidSomerset

Josh Smith, Josh Childress, Marvin Williams, and Zaza?

Many people on this board are more knowledgeable about NBA contracts than me...If I'm not mistaken JS and JC both have 1 more year on their contracts, while Marvin has 2 more? Didn't we sign Zaza to a 3 year contract which would leave him 1 more after this year?

I hope we can keep together the core of JJ, JS, JC, and MW...They work so well together...

Quote:

Many people on this board are more knowledgeable about NBA contracts than me...If I'm not mistaken JS and JC both have 1 more year on their contracts, while Marvin has 2 more?

Correct. They will all be restricted free agents when their rookie contracts are up meaning the Hawks can match any offer they get.

Zaza blows.

we have got to lock up Smith this year, some1 WILL offer him a huge contract after next season, he's 21, a game changing defensive player, and is just completely dominating, don't think GMs and coaches aren't taking notice. If we don't resign him after this season, he will get 60+ million and frankly I don't know if our ownership will match it.

Quote:

I hope we can keep together the core of JJ, JS, JC, and MW...They work so well together...

They certainly are starting to. I could part with JC (and maybe MW, but the offer better blow me out of the water), but only if it resulted in a long-term positive impact. I don't foresee all four ever starting in the same line-up consistently (JC), and would thus have to consider any motions that might bring in a potential starter at either of our two more tenuous positions.

That said, Marvin looks a little like Smoove did at this time last year development-wise, and may be poised to become a whole 'nother monster for us next year, a la Smith right now. Entirely different impact, but delivered with the same ferocity.

That's a best-case scenario, but not completely far-fetched.

I posted previously that time alone isn't the answer, but it really could be HUGE

Quote:

...Marvin looks a little like Smoove did at this time last year development-wise, and may be poised to become a whole 'nother monster for us next year, a la Smith right now. Entirely different impact, but delivered with the same ferocity.

That's exactly what I've been thinking... If he'd learn from Smoove's recent desire to drive to the hole, it would help him out tremendously...