• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

More on JT

from the Insider's weekly "The Good, Bad, and Kitchen Sink" (posted on the around the league forum)

PART-TIME POINT

Either Jason Terry is the Atlanta Hawks' starting point guard or he isn't or he is or . . . In his last five games, he's dished out 54 assists after handing out only 53 in the previous 10 games.

On the year, he is averaging 17.8 points per game. No, really, 17.8 points per game. In the 16 games that the Hawks have won, he's averaged 17.8 points per game. In the 28 games that the Hawks have lost, he's averaged 17.8 points per game . . . the difference being that he also tallied 8.6 assists per game in those wins compared to 6.8 in the losses.

hmmmm

Well, he's getting his teammates more involved, but that's not a drastic difference in assist totals overall.

The drastic difference is in the last 3 games, IMO, where Jason Terry is averaging about 19.7 ppg and 12 assists per game. The Hawks are 2-1 over that period.

The key to this team turning this season around during the last 41 games is going to be Jason Terry. With no other player that can create his own shot, Jason Terry is going to have to create for himself and others if this team is to win. That's pretty much what he's been doing over the past 3 games. Will it continue? I certainly hope so. I still think JT is a point guard who can eventually consistently average 20 ppg and 8 assists per game. I still think the guy has some Gary Payton in him.