• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Morris Almond!!

lush23

With the Indiana pick we should look at Morris Almond from Rice via Atlanta. He has put up big numbers this year (26.6 pts), amazing shooting percentages. He could back up Joe, or we could move Joe to the 3 for a bit and play Morris at the 2. Grabbing Morris could allow us to trade Childress if needed also.

They played together for McEachern high school when Smith was still in GA. I saw them play Berkmar(back when Berkmar had like 6 D1 prospects), Morris probably had 30 points that game, Smoove dunked about 10 times. I think that was Morris's senior year and Smith's Junior year, Morris was good but we don't need another SG/SF unless it's Durant.

Quote:

They played together for McEachern high school when Smith was still in GA. I saw them play Berkmar(back when Berkmar had like 6 D1 prospects), Morris probably had 30 points that game, Smoove dunked about 10 times. I think that was Morris's senior year and Smith's Junior year, Morris was good but we don't need another SG/SF unless it's Durant.

Almond was the best one on the team, Smith was the highlight reel..

Quote:

Then tell me why Smith was Mr. Georgia basketball that year genius?

Your credibility falls further by the minute. It's not that you have zero credibility, yours is negative.

I know we need a PG and a big but at pick 18 or so you are probably not going to find someone who could step in and start in the NBA at those positions. Almond has a skill that is NBA ready, shooting the rock. He can contribute right away. He is not a project.

Quote:

Quote:

Your credibility falls further by the minute. It's not that you have zero credibility, yours is negative.

I acually played with both players so I know this, I'm not saying Almond is better right now, but back then he was. Smith wasn't that good but he could jump out the gym and was hella tall... you need to ask into more before you critizes....

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

I acually played with both players so I know this, I'm not saying Almond is better right now, but back then he was. Smith wasn't that good but he could jump out the gym and was hella tall... you need to ask into more before you critizes....

If he was better back then, PLEASE TELL ME WHY JOSH WAS MR. GEORGIA BASKETBALL THAT YEAR!!!

You do know what Mr. Georgia basketball is right? It means he was the #1 player in the state, gah you really get dumber by the minute.

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

If he was better back then, PLEASE TELL ME WHY JOSH WAS MR. GEORGIA BASKETBALL THAT YEAR!!!

You do know what Mr. Georgia basketball is right? It means he was the #1 player in the state, gah you really get dumber by the minute.

he wasn't GA player of the year, maybe Cobb Co. and I think the was Chris Ellis... Morris who signed with Stanford was GA Mr. Basketball...

• Moderators

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

he wasn't GA player of the year, maybe Cobb Co. and I think the was Chris Ellis... Morris who signed with Stanford was GA Mr. Basketball...

Remember he was playing at Oak Hill his senior year. He wasn't eligible for Georgia Mr. Basketball.

Quote:

he wasn't GA player of the year,
maybe Cobb Co.
and I think the was Chris Ellis... Morris who signed with Stanford was GA Mr. Basketball...

You do know that Morris played in Cobb County too right? So why would Smith get an award over Morris, and being a grade LOWER!

You are just a hater, possibly worse than Hotlanta. Did Josh take your girlfriend in high school or somethin?

• Moderators

Quote:

I know we need a PG and a big but at pick 18 or so you are probably not going to find someone who could step in and start in the NBA at those positions. Almond has a skill that is NBA ready, shooting the rock. He can contribute right away. He is not a project.

I have no interest in Almond with JJ, Marvin, and the Joshes on this team. We have 3 vet PGs and really need a developmental point guard. Getting a high upside PG at #18 is a good move, IMO.

• Moderators

Quote:

Quote:

maybe Cobb Co.
and I think the was Chris Ellis... Morris who signed with Stanford was GA Mr. Basketball...

You do know that Morris played in Cobb County too right? So why would Smith get an award over Morris, and being a grade LOWER!

You are just a hater, possibly worse than Hotlanta. Did Josh take your girlfriend in high school or somethin?

Morris also signed with Kentucky unless we are talking about different guys.

Quote:

Remember he was playing at Oak Hill his senior year. He wasn't eligible for Georgia Mr. Basketball.

I was talking about his junior year, but he was considered the better player than Morris, even being a year younger than Morris. And I just looked it up, he wasn't the GA HS Mr. Basketball, but he would have gotten it had he stayed in GA, I used to keep up with HS Bball religously. I graduated in 03, that's all I used to keep up with, and it would have been him or Louis Williams.

It's just funny that nbasuperstar thinks Morris was better than Josh in high school, because that is not true at all.

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

maybe Cobb Co.

lol dude we're talking about Morris Almond, the one who plays for Rice, the one that played with Smith at McEachern HS. nbasuperstar is claiming Morris Almond was better in HS than Josh Smith, which is not true at all.

Almond, from Rice? Hmmmmm, interesting. Then perhaps we could add a little Eddy Curry, some John Salmons, then maybe spice it up with some Kyle Lowry (seasoning salt). We could then add some Pape Sow for all you pork lovers out there, and wash it all down with a little Carlos Boozer (not too much though, especially if you're driving!). We could have one hell of a meal there, my friend.

Aye yi yi, somebody stop me. banghead.gif

• Moderators

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

maybe Cobb Co.

lol dude we're talking about Morris Almond, the one who plays for Rice, the one that played with Smith at McEachern HS. nbasuperstar is claiming Morris Almond was better in HS than Josh Smith, which is not true at all.

That makes sense. Almond after all was not strongly recruited by any major schools (gone after hard by schools like Rice and recruited as a 'depth' guy at schools like Indiana and Georgia) and was not ranked in even the top 100 by recruiting services (i.e., scouts). Clearly he was better than a guy who was considered in the top 3 players in his class.