• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

I don't care if I'm the only one who thinks this..

DavidSomerset

YAY!!! WE WON!!!!

woohoo.gifwoohoo.gif

Even with JJ and Marvin out, we were able to beat one of the best teams in the East.

I am proud of our guys for continuing to give it their all, even when our best player is out.

Keep giving it all you got, Hawks!!!

You've got at least one fan here that is going to cheer for you to win no matter what!!

SCREW TANKING!!!

eheheh.gifeheheh.gifeheheh.gif

Quote:

Yeah, I was sort of hoping the Hawks would never win a championship. As such, I cheer for everything that takes us farther from acquiring a franchise player.

clapclap.gif

Fostering and employing a losing culture does WAY more harm to the team than the good that would come from **possibly** getting the #1 pick.

wink.gif

Yeah, you're right. I mean 23-39 is such fertile ground for a "winning" that you'd hate to infect that with a "losing culture".

Also, you have a good point that a franchise player taken #1 can't turn around a sinking ship. Look at how LeBron failed in Cleveland and how Tim Duncan failed in San Antonio.

Why do you do this? I mean, really, why do you do this to me?

If you read any of my posts, you know damn well that I keep saying we are counting on a CHANCE. I have acknowledged OVER and OVER and OVER and OVER and OVER again that "tanking isn't guaranteed". We are counting on a CHANCE, and I want that CHANCE to be as HIGH as possible.

No matter how many times I say this, some dung for brains responds with "Daaaah, but whut's yer proof that tankin' is guaranteed?"

How much paint thinner do you have to sniff to get like that? Why do I try?

I don't spend my life on this website. Honestly, I don't know who the f*** you are, but you have a mighty big ego.

How can you expect me to have read your history of posts on the subject? I don't sit on here reviewing what you've said so that I will be able to refer back to it later. This is the first I've seen of your opinion on the matter. So don't act like some stuck up d-bag that expects everyone to know who you are.

As for the content of your post...I'm not willing to encourage a losing environment for the improved chance at getting Oden (the only player that really fits our team that high).

I want our players to get used to giving every ounce of effort they have to winning. This will pay great dividends in the future when our developing talent catches up with us.

As a fan, I will never cheer for my team to lose.

That negates the entire point of being a fan. I want us to win a championship because we earn it. not because we intentionally lose for the **chance** to secure a prospect, who by the way, could be a bust.

How about you just leave for a few years and come back when the Hawks are tearing it up...Save yourself the sorrow of cheering for us to lose.

You see, it doesn't matter whether you had read my posts or not.

The fact that I argue tanking is a good strategy DOES NOT IMPLY that I believe it is 100% guaranteed to "work". It may be only 25%, or it may be 50%. Either way, if that's our highest percentage at becoming a contender, that is our best strategy. If it's not the highest percentage, then it's not the best strategy.

It's all about numbers, but as I'm finding out, numbers elude most of you. That's OK. I don't mind explaining. What I do mind is how you argue with me without the slightest understanding of probability and then toss off anything I say just because "he talk differ'nt".

You are the one with the unjustified ego. You should humble yourself and realize what your limitations are. Then, you will find people can help you out.

Quote:

How many hackneyed slogans can we string together in one thread?

A rolling stone gathers no moss.

Smile and the world smiles with you, cry and you cry alone.

You can catch more flies with honey than you can with vinegar.

Why do today what you can put off 'til tomorrow?

The grass is always greener on the other side of the fence.

Success has a thousand fathers while failure is an orphan.

If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem.

Better the devil you know than the devil you don't.

You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make him drink.

You can lead a horticulture, but you can't make her think. Doh! doh.gif

That's ten. Have you had enough? confused.gif

Im happy we finally won a game also.

Ignore all these ridiculous people and their tanking theories. I agree that a losing mentality does not get you closer to the playoffs than coming within 3-4 games of the post-season.

When you get that close you can sense it and gives you something to build on the next year.

We don't need another superstar on this team. We just need a solid starter which we very well can get with Indiana's pick.

These tanking theories are absurd.

Bump for the tankers!!! LOL!!!

Big win, guys!

bannana_guitar.gif

Maybe the "tankers" will actually start cheering for the TEAM again now that we're winning.

There's a perfect description for people like that....

BANDWAGON FANS!!!!

uglyhammer.gifuglyhammer.gif

Stay away, please, anyone who ever cheers for the Hawks to lose does not deserve to be called a fan.