• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

the problem with firing anyone

Johann

Quote:

no one with any value is going to come here until the dust settles in court. period. the only coach or gm we could possibly hire would be a total, unproven, noob.

At this point i would be willing to give Harry the Hawk a shot at the GM duties.

ambulance.gif

Quote:

...At this point i would be willing to give Harry the Hawk a shot at the GM duties.

ambulance.gif

The funny thing with the NBA though is how much luck is really involved in success or failure (or mediocrity). It's not that way in MLB or the NFL so much.

But let's say we do get lucky this year and pull out the #1 pick and get Oden. And let's say our Indy pick comes in at about twelve and (by hook or crook) BK managed to get Acie Law with that pick...and both are as good as many of us hope. These things aren't impossible by any means. What an awesome young lineup we would have. BK would be a hero. Only a very small minority would still want him fired. Nationally, BK would be the man who made the plan work.

On the other hand the balls could bounce the other way and Hawks fans are heating up the tar and tearing up their pillows for feathers. stirthepot.gif

Quote:

BK would be a hero. Only a very small minority would still want him fired. Nationally, BK would be the man who made the plan work.

Actually BK has had multiple chances to turn this team around, and has failed each time.

If we get Oden, BK will be the man who got lucky as hell, not the man who made anything work.

look at phoenix they have assembled quite a team without high draft choices whats BK's excuse? Look at there lineup Marion,Nash,Barbosa,Diaw,Stottelmyre and now they could there highest pick the Hawks no1. Thats how you run an organization and draft/trade not like the idiot BK who you could give 10 top 10 picks and he still couldn't assemeble the right team. BK needs to be fried at the end of this year more than enough time to prove himself.

I agree with your logic Nic, AtlaS, and scout...all I am saying is - IF - the Hawks were to get lucky and get Oden and a guy like Law or Crittendon...and they played well (Oden immediately and the PG as a strong piece early)...and we made the playoffs next year and PHX got a crap pick in a weak draft...wouldn't BK be thought of as a GM that got the Hawks back? (run-on-sentence)

I'm just saying that there is a lot of luck involved here. As much as we all loathe BK...the national media doesn't follow our travails that closely...and if the stars finally aligned for BK he would be a hero.

Personally, I'm betting on the "tar and feather" option...but you never know?

Quote:

I agree with your logic Nic, AtlaS, and scout...all I am saying is - IF - the Hawks were to get lucky and get Oden and a guy like Law or Crittendon...and they played well (Oden immediately and the PG as a strong piece early)...and we made the playoffs next year and PHX got a crap pick in a weak draft...wouldn't BK be thought of as a GM that got the Hawks back? (run-on-sentence)

I guess he would be considered that, but it would have been by complete luck, and not by being a good gm. In no way he was/is a good gm for the Atlanta Hawks, REGARDLESS of what happens in the draft.

All other matters aside, the problem is not firing anyone. Without changes in leadership, we're having these same discussions this time next year. The team will be a little better. Chill, Smoov, Marv will continue to develop. Joe will continue to be a stud. But without a miracle happening and us ending up with one of the top two picks, nothing significant changes.

Quote:

But without a miracle happening and us ending up with one of the top two picks, nothing significant changes.

Actually it does, we can put a stop to all these horrible draft picks of 6'8-6'9 players, and we can at least improve on our offensive gameplan and sub patterns, those are 2 significant changes IMO.

Guest Walter

Quote:

I'm just saying that there is a lot of luck involved here. As much as we all loathe BK...the national media doesn't follow our travails that closely...and if the stars finally aligned for BK he would be a hero.

I'm hoping it happens. I'll cheer for BK all day long as long as we get Oden (or Durant) and Crittenton. I'd cheer for him but only ask he keep his hands off the team as it would do better without his black thumb.

W

Yep, give me this one last tank in one of the stronger draft in memory and I will quit whining about tanking in the future. Give me Oden or even Durant and the Indy pick being Law, or even Critteron and I will shut up for future years since this would be the best young team in the NBA.

We know though that luck has never been part of the Hawks and the reason they are constant doormats. banghead.gif

Quote:

look at phoenix they have assembled quite a team without high draft choices whats BK's excuse? Look at there lineup Marion,Nash,Barbosa,Diaw,Stottelmyre and now they could there highest pick the Hawks no1. Thats how you run an organization and draft/trade not like the idiot BK who you could give 10 top 10 picks and he still couldn't assemeble the right team. BK needs to be fried at the end of this year more than enough time to prove himself.

What's Bk's excuse? There is no excuse it's called the youngest team in F'n NBA HISTORY!!!!!

Is Nash and Marion a bunch of 20 year old players???? Even as young as Stoudemire is he's got more years or at least experience than 1/3 of our roster.

BK was ahead of his time with drafting long versatile, interchabeable pieces. The true center in the league will be scarce in a few years as this league becomes a league of athletic swingmen.

All you BK doubters will look stupid when we are contenders without a Greg Oden or Kevin Durant.

But instead Marvin Williams emerges finally squashng the CP3 talk, and Solomon Jones emerges as well as a intricate part of our frontcourt of the future.

Sure we could use a PG or C but we don't need another star player. HOw many teams have 5 star players? The All-star game and that's it. Marvin, JJ, and Smoove have enough star power for the two other positions on the floor to only have to be decent or slightly above average. I think Solomon can be slightly above average. Sure he needs 20 pounds, but I think he can do that in an off-season.

All we need is a serviceable PG of the future.

We don't need a STAR.

If you think we need another STAR then you must not have watched Joe Johnson or Josh Smith in enough games. Either that or you doubt Marvin Williams. The STAR potential is there.