• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

I have been watching Acie Law and I don't think

capstone21

Guest Walter

Quote:

he is right for our team. He is awesome but I think he is more of a SG then a PG. We need a playmaker not a scorer at the PG position.

Brandon Roy was significantly more of a Pg than Law and certainly a much better NBA prospect at 6'6". We blew it with SW over Roy, but drafting a decent but not great 2 to play the 1 shouldn't be a goal here.

W

Quote:

he is right for our team. He is awesome but I think he is more of a SG then a PG. We need a playmaker not a scorer at the PG position.

You clearly need to watch him more often. I picked TExas Tech to make it to the Finals because of this guy and their defense.

He's a slasher which is what we really need. He can penetrate and he can kick it out. He can penetrate and score. He can hit the long range shot. HE's clutch, and he has great handles.

Because of all these things there is ZERO chance we can land him without our own draft pick.

So it's a moot point.

Hopefully we can land Dominic James who is a poor man's version of him.

He may fall because he didnt' get a chance to raise his stock losing in the 1st round of the tourney.

Keep an eye on him.

Quote:

He is Salim Stoudamire. People have already forgotten how much of a stud he was in college. He shot 50% from three for Pete's sake.

Salim is not 6'3. Salim is a better shooter but his handles, driing ability, and vision isn't nearly as good as Law.

Roy was a versatile guard in college but he's definitely didn't look as quick as Law but he may have been a better defender which is why he drew the Ginobili comparisons from some. I think Law is a more natural PG.

I still think Crittenton will be the best pg out of the pg's in college right now.

He's 6'5, can drive, pass, is clutch and can really get to the rim. He's also a pretty good defender and a great playmaker. I'd rather have Crittenton before anyone else.

Quote:

Quote:

You clearly need to watch him more often. I picked TExas Tech to make it to the Finals because of this guy and their defense.

He's a slasher which is what we really need. He can penetrate and he can kick it out. He can penetrate and score. He can hit the long range shot. HE's clutch, and he has great handles.

Because of all these things there is ZERO chance we can land him without our own draft pick.

So it's a moot point.

Hopefully we can land Dominic James who is a poor man's version of him.

He may fall because he didnt' get a chance to raise his stock losing in the 1st round of the tourney.

Keep an eye on him.

not a good move to tell someone they need to watch him more and follow it up with he plays for texas tech. lol.

Quote:

not a good move to tell someone they need to watch him more and follow it up with he plays for texas tech. lol.

Lol I didn't catch.

Well if I picked them to make the Finals my bracket would already be down the tubes.

As far as Ty Lawson goes, I wish he or Conley was foolish enough to come out so we could snag one of them. But unfortunately they will probably make the wise decision and stay in school.

I wonder what Crittenton's stock would be like if he came out. It's got to be high, but I don't know how high considering most mock drafts assume he's staying.

Acie Law does not play for Bobby Knight at Texas Tech.

I don't see how anyone can confuse Law with being a SG. The only time he looks for his shot 1st is in crunch time b/c he is so clutch. For the first 95% of the game he is looking to get his teamates involved.

Law played 39 of the 40 minutes in the 1st round game. Next they play a tough Louiville team that will give him alot of full court pressure. It will be interesting to see how Law holds up. In my opionion it is the best tourney game this weekend ! Law will definately be tested, Rick Pitino is known for his constant full court pressure. Bif test for Law.

If we pick #11 - 14 Law is probably still around. I am not, by any means, saying we should draft Law no matter what. I hope we call in all the PGs to gauge their one on one skills. However, the most imnportant part of a PG's game is how they play with 4 other people, that can't be gauged in individual workouts. In my opinion Law is very similar to Deron Williams.

Unless we deal Speedy, Lue, or AJ, I see us going with a big if we get a pick at all. I'm not saying that trio is great, but I like those 3 over our combo of ZaZa and Lorenzen although ZaZa has been playing much better of late.

Quote:

Acie Law does not play for Bobby Knight at Texas Tech.

I don't see how anyone can confuse Law with being a SG. The only time he looks for his shot 1st is in crunch time b/c he is so clutch. For the first 95% of the game he is looking to get his teamates involved.

Law played 39 of the 40 minutes in the 1st round game. Next they play a tough Louiville team that will give him alot of full court pressure. It will be interesting to see how Law holds up. In my opionion it is the best tourney game this weekend ! Law will definately be tested, Rick Pitino is known for his constant full court pressure. Bif test for Law.

If we pick #11 - 14 Law is probably still around. I am not, by any means, saying we should draft Law no matter what. I hope we call in all the PGs to gauge their one on one skills. However, the most imnportant part of a PG's game is how they play with 4 other people, that can't be gauged in individual workouts. In my opinion Law is very similar to Deron Williams.

YEah I know he plays for A & M. I think because of him and their defensive play they will at least make the final four and his stock will be raised to the point where we have zero chance of landing him.

It's unfortunate but I def see it happening.