• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Anyone notice...

Swatguy

Quote:

If he is aable to put weight the way Smoove has over the years he'll be fine.

Smith weighed 225 at the combine. Every offseason i read about how he has put on so much weight over the summer but as far as i know he weighs 240 now. So that is 15 pounds in 3 years. And Smith came in straight out of hs.

Certainly i think Solomon would benefit greatly from an extra 15 pounds but i would guess that would be the max that he could attain. The odds are he had been lifting regularly at Florida so his potential gains probably aren't that great.

Quote:

An 23 year old is more likely to be done growing than an 18 year old and is therefore less likely to make significant weight gaines. Period.

I think the conversation is dancing around the great big elephant in the corner of the room. We all know that athletes can and do put on weight (muscle mass) at just about any point of their career by using the right "supplements".

I'm certainly not recommending that - or accusing any particular player of doing that - but watch a few minutes of an old espn nba "classic" and you will notice a big difference in the muscle mass of the majority of the players then versus those of today.

(and please don't give me the nutrition/weight lifting arguement - we're talking about game in the 1960's and 1970' - not the 1770's or 1870's)

Quote:

Quote:

If he is aable to put weight the way Smoove has over the years he'll be fine.

Smith weighed 225 at the combine. Every offseason i read about how he has put on so much weight over the summer but as far as i know he weighs 240 now. So that is 15 pounds in 3 years. And Smith came in straight out of hs.

Certainly i think Solomon would benefit greatly from an extra 15 pounds but i would guess that would be the max that he could attain. The odds are he had been lifting regularly at Florida so his potential gains probably aren't that great.

Dwight Howard has gained 45 pounds since High School. I gained 15 from age 17 to 24. I gained 30 from 24 to 25, while playing ball 3-4 times a week. It depends on the genes. Dwight gained on nutrients and lifting. I gained from nutrients and natural maturation. Ton, unless you know Solomon's Gene history and ect... you don't know his weight(muscle) gain possibolities. Me either, I hope he can put on 20-25 more muscle.

Quote:

Dwight Howard has gained 45 pounds since High School.

Reportedly he has also gotten taller. Most likely he would have gained a significant amount of weight even if he hadn't lifted. He grew.

Quote:

unless you know Solomon's Gene history and ect... you don't know his weight(muscle) gain possibolities.

I do know that his frame isn't very big. I also know that major college sports programs have lifting sessions for their athletes. They had similar sessions back in the 80s when i was in college. Most likely Solomon had to do a lot of lifting just to get to where he is now. Ditto Childress.

Quote:

Quote:

An 23 year old is more likely to be done growing than an 18 year old and is therefore less likely to make significant weight gaines. Period.

I think the conversation is dancing around the great big elephant in the corner of the room. We all know that athletes can and do put on weight (muscle mass) at just about any point of their career by using the right "supplements".

I'm certainly not recommending that - or accusing any particular player of doing that - but watch a few minutes of an old espn nba "classic" and you will notice a big difference in the muscle mass of the majority of the players then versus those of today.

(and please don't give me the nutrition/weight lifting arguement - we're talking about game in the 1960's and 1970' - not the 1770's or 1870's)

There are ways to gain weight without Steroids. There are ways to bulk naturally. Basketballers are mostly thin. Even Shaq is thin compared to football players. You have average basketballers at 6'7" 215 lbs. Most men walking at 6'3 carry 215 lbs. So 90% of them are thin.