• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

If we get no picks what can be salvaged??

Wurider05

The top pick for Oden is very critical for this franchise. A pick or two from #2 thru #15 by itself probably wont make a huge difference next year. It will help alot and give us much more longterm strength and more tradeable options but it probably wont improve us that much in 2008.

Without Oden, I see us as a bottom half of the playoff team next year whether we get two picks or no picks. With our without those picks to improve and to eventually contend we'll have to make a trade or two. I'm not sure what capspace would have bought us especially when you consider we probably wouldn't have used it since we have to start extending our young core.

Even without those picks we'll improve substantially next year due to player and team growth. I think we would have made the playoffs this year if JJ hadn't went down. A new Coach would make a huge difference. I'm actually looking for a good year outta Speedy, at least as a solid PG backup.

Durant and Conley, etc would help some and give us enough tradeable assets to make a big move for a good center but with or without the picks the team will probably be similar until we get that center and our players mature somewhat.

Are you saying Oden is the only player that would make a difference?

No way is that the case.

Hibbert and Horford could both make immdediate impacts. So could Brandan Wright.

A top 3 pick can't be screwed up unless we get a SF.

Problem is we won't get that pick because of friggin Josh Smith on a mission.

Quote:

If we don't get a draft pick this year then it means the same sorry as **** team we had this year and the same **** team for the last nine years just keeps on losing like normal.

Lol do you really think that?

So you think if we had the same team that none of these young players could improve?

None of them?

That's ridiculous.

A healthy JJ next to a Josh Smith that could come out the gates scoring 20/10 is worth about 10 extra wins alone.

Nevermind the improvement of the other guys.

Yep, I practically think the Oden pick is key, the other picks wont be that important. I think Durant might be great but it will take a year or two before he's that much better than the combo of Marvin and Chillz. Either way, if we draft him we have to make a move to complete our team just as we are gonna have to make a move even if we dont draft Durant. Hibbert might be a good center in the future but for the next year or two I doubt he'll be much of an upgrade.

Basically to me we draft Durant or we have to trade for or sign a good center. The draft picks will give us more depth and tradeable assets but wont make or break us. Indy sux, the pick will be better next year anyways but the draft probably wont be this strong.

A good young point to grow with the team would be nice but unless those available this year dont appear as good or as ready as Deron or Paul, they wont make much difference next year. I like Conley with the Indy pick but if he's not available I'd rather see us take Splitter, Hawes, Jianlian, etc if they are available.

Quote:

...I think Durant might be great but it will take a year or two before he's that much better than the combo of Marvin and Chillz...

Wow Iman...I will admit I haven't seen that many of Durant's games...but if you are right...maybe this draft isn't as good as we thought. Lots of folks would put Durant well above MW or Chillz - at least offensively speaking - but he hasn't done it in the NBA yet.

If he's no better than MW/Chillz we basically have a one man draft. munching_out.gif

There is no such thing as a sure fire pick. I am not to impressed with Oden and I just see a little too much Glenn Robinson in Durant. I say we should trade the picks for a moderately young pg or center. We are too young now. Neither guy is going to dominate their freshman year. Hell Oden might be the next Keon CLark. TRADE THE PICK IF WE GET IT!!!!

Guest Walter

Quote:

Quote:

If we don't get a draft pick this year then it means the same sorry as **** team we had this year and the same **** team for the last nine years just keeps on losing like normal.

Lol do you really think that?

So you think if we had the same team that none of these young players could improve?

We're the 4th worst team in the league. Don't blame injuries as everyone has had them this year and at this time of year we're not more "injured" than any other Oden-sweeps team.

We're bad, REAL bad. I love JS but I doubt he's 20/10 unless it comes with 5 TOs and >41 MPG. All the minimal improvement that will occur leads to AT BEST lesser mediocrity. It's simply such a flawed team, with SERIOUS talent deficits, bottlenecks, and multiple positional and skill deficiencies.

We might be 4-5 games better next year, but then we will lose (likely JC) and still be right at if not over the cap. This is a rebuild on life support without a top 3 pick.

W

• Premium Member

If we have the exact same team for next season we again won't make the playoffs. Its a broken roster: no true starting point guard, no true starting center, a SF in Smoove forced to play at PF and zero low post scorers on the entire roster. No team built like that can win enough games to qualify for the playoffs let alone actually DO SOMETHING should they make it.