• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

I would trade Shareef for Howard.

Diesel

• Premium Member

However, I would want to swap one first round pick and get another in return...

Final deal.

Atlanta trades HEndu, Email, Shareef, 1st (INdy) to Denver.

Denver trades Howard, 2 1st (2003 Denver, LAC (conditional)) to Atlanta

TRADE ACCEPTED

You have been assigned Trade ID number 931945

Reason being. Those picks will be high.

I would even consider adding JT for Whitney if the pick come unprotected. The way I see it...

Howard is not that bad. He's overpaid, but not bad. He plays good defense. Denver want get anything on the free agent market but maybe a SF. However, this trade gives them more than they could have hoped for in the FA market.

With the pick, we get a shot (maybe 2 for James). I'm not a big Draft fan. However, this yr, I'd chunk in those possible picks for James and Darko!!! Then I'd resign Howard at about 10-12 million to start.

• Premium Member

Actually, He's a PF that brings just about everything that Reef does... Except he plays good defense.

Moreover, he brings 20 million dollars of Capspace at the end of the season.

Plus in my trade he brings a 1st round pick... Likely top 5 (unprotected).

And a second pick from the always trustable LAC within the next 4 yrs.

I think that's a LOT... How about you?

• Premium Member

Well, let's look at the particulars again.

Howard is C. Webb's age (just turned 30 a few days ago).

Howard isn't the offensive player that Reef is ... However, he's a better defender and his offensive skills are not bad.

If we can get the 2 1st round picks out of the deal, I'd do it.

In fact, revising the situation....

JT/Reef/Hendu to Denver.... Howard/Harvey/2 unprotected 1st (Den 2003, LAC's).

I'd do this deal.

I think it has to be appealing to Denver. The prospect of putting:

JT/Tskittsville/SAR/Halario/Camby... On the floor together Next yr. And they still would have the money to go after FAs.

• Premium Member

If we played...

Wilks, Glover, Grob, Howard, and Theo... We could win a few gams.

However, the dynamic that I'm looking at is creating a blueprint and having a plan.

With Denver's pick and our own pick... There's a possibility that we can go 1, 2 or 1, 3 in the draft.

If this draft has Darko, I'm interested. However, getting James, the kidd out of Syracuse, or Ford wouldn't hurt either.

They MIGHT do it without the unprotected top 5 pick but no way they give up their shot at LeBron.

If Denver was stupid enough to do that deal, we could be rebuilt in very short order. Losing Reef's $13.5 million and Hendu's $7.5 million off the books for next year would put us in pretty good cap shape plus we would likely have a top 5 pick.

Nazr

Theo

Dog

Dion

JT

I could see bringing in my man Jarvis Hayes with that pick unless we could get James or Millicic.

In addition, depending on what we want to do, we could be in the market for a serious FA. If we moved Nazr for capspace, we'd could probably still resign JT and go after a big time FA. Not at the max but close. If we moved Theo instead of Nazr for capspace, we could resign JT and go after that max FA.

Nazr

Jermaine O'Neal

Big Dog

Jarvis Hayes

JT

I could work with that. [censored], I just woke up from that fantasy!

• Premium Member

That is a deal I wouldn't do. Not without Something. That smells like Nique for Manning. We'd get some cap room... But we'd eat it up and have no PF at all.

I'd rather give up a little more and get 2 firsts out of the deal too.

Terry just doesn't fit. And unless we trade for Grant Hill, Odom, Hardaway, Barry, Toni, GP, or some other BIG OG or Point Forward, there is no need to even keep him.

Well, scratch that.

I wouldn't be opposed to us getting a really good PG, moving JT to SG and playing Zone.

Like NVE, JT... ZOne.