• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

OT: GSU Hires Dan Reeves

Johnnybravo4

Just got back from the press conf....Georgia State has hired former Falcons and Broncos coach Dan Reeves as an advisor for the proposed footbal program. He will hopefully raise some money for us since it will take around 8 million to start the program. Apparently we will play games at the Georgia Dome until we build our own facility.

I am excited for my alma mater. We hire a former Naismith Coach of the year for the basketball team and now Dan Reeves for the football team.

Its my alma mater too. I am hoping the basketball team will regain the some respect that as lost. Coach Perry was plain awful. Never hada regualr rotation, the quad had plenty of talent he just could not put together a game plan. The Colonial Conference has some real basketball talent. Alot more than what Ga State played in their old conference, the Atlantic Sun. Out of the Colonial, George Mason was in the final 4 last year and Old Dominion and Winthorp are alwayse ranked in the top 25, I just hope the Big East doesn't come after them.

There is so much football talent in Ga. they would do well in football in a conference such as the Colonial. I hope it happens. No reason they could not be better then Ga. Southern. Ga State offers so much more academically and alot of kids don't want to live in the boonies, like Statesboro. On the downside, Atlanta is a very expensive place to live for a college a student. Ga State has over 24,000 students and tons of alumni. If they get a team the alumni will support it. I know tons of Ga State alumni like myself who donarte to UGA every year so season tickets can be had. Now we can give some to our alma mater.

My daughter is a Freshman at GSU...she also was accepted at Alabama and UGA...but she wanted the architectural/art pragram at GSU. I was bummed...I wanted a football team to pull for...since I am an idiot.

The archetectural program at GSU is superior to the other schools I mentioned due to the professors at college.

Maybe I'll have it now. tongue.gif