• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Trade with Bucks

elyiye

Que? Trading Marvin for Bogut is not "giving up on Marvin". It's realizing that Bogut, as a center, is of more value to us than MW, as yet another SF.

I fully believe MW has the ability to score 18-20 ppg, given the shots, as a SF. The problem is that we have 2 better SF's in Smoove and Childress. Smoove can play PF, so it's not too much of a problem, but Childress must play SF to be most effective. Chill rebounds more, and scores more efficiently, albeit less frequently.

Bogut is not a dominant defensive center, by any means. However, he certainly projects to be a double-digit rebounder, an adequate shot-challenger, and an efficient post scorer. While my expectations for him (18/10), may have been to optimistic, I still see him as a 15/10 center 2 years from now. That would make him one of the top centers in the NBA (sadly). MW may be one of the top-10 SF's in the NBA by that time, but that is worth less than a top-10 center.

ALL OF THIS IS MOOT, as I believe Milwaukee will not be trading Bogut for MW any time soon. They could get more for him, and I think Bobby Simmons is good enough at the 3 for them (certainly better than MW right now). Also, even if they can draft Oden, they still need a PF more than anything. However, if such a deal were on the table, we should take it. It would not signify giving up on MW. It would be a straight-forward move to shift our commodities from the wing to the post.

Making all the peronnel changes in the world without doing something about our coach would all be for nought. We have more talent on the court than is realized. No doubt in my mind that another coach could come in here and take the same talent and have them contending for the playoffs. Woody just doesn't have it on a bunch of levels: developing young players, motivating them, defense, rotations, etc, etc.

If they do not do something about a coach . . . . . the franchise will be in a freefall. I don't think the guys wants to play for him. Surely the owners see this.