• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Will DJ play the SF?

Diesel

• Premium Member

With his added Weight... He's about SF size. Especially if it's really 15 lbs of Muscle!!!!

If we can roll DJ to SF, it would probably be in our best interest to start looking at options at SG??

Here's a hot trade I had in mind.

Sign and trade of Jacque Vaughn to GS for Larry Hughes.

Here's the explanation:

We don't have what Vaughn Needs. Vaughn will still look for us for a good SNT because he makes more money that way. With Jason Richardson, Dunleavy.... Hughes is OUT in GS and what they really need is a PG to run the show. Jacque can do that. What Jacque really wants is to be a starter in this league.

I think that Jacque and Larry can hold the same value.

Once we get Hughes... Let him and Glover battle for the SG position.

JT/DD

Hughes/Glover/Ira

DJ/Toni/CC

SAR/Hendu/Smith

Theo/Nazr

It's obvious that we buy out Davis. The question becomes what do we do with Ira and Smith?? One will not make it. MY guess is if Hendu is not injured at the start of the yr, we will probably keep Smith because we will urge Hendu to take his opt out next yr and we will bring in Alexander?

Also, I say we don't play JT as a SG. Just split the time between him and DD 33/15... Until we figure that one must be traded...

This is it Diesel first you start off with a great post, even though I don't agree with it . Then you slip into another trade that make little to no sense. WHY?

Courtney Alexander is a good idea only problem is (like in Washington) where does he play?

PS I doubt we will ever be lucky enough to get Hendu to opt out although I have to admit it crossed my mind.

I think this could be a doable deal.... contingent on the fact that DerMarr plays the 3. But when I read Jay's article about him putting on weight, I had the same thought. Back to the trade, I think JV has good value, but I would still throw in Toni, and maybe ask for a future pick. By the time Anderson is ready to play with the big boys, Hendu will be gone, or a year away from gone, and junkmail will be a memory. Of course, we might have to carry 13 for a year (this first year with ED/Hendu), but...

JT/DD/ED*

Hughes/Dion

Slim/Ira/CC

Reef/Leon/Hendu*

Theo/Naz/Anderson**

(*= future expiring contract; **=added after some contracts expire)

...is a pretty good lineup for now and the future.

I still have my doubts about DJ at the small Forward postion even if he has put on 15lbs. He got absoutley schooled trying to guard guys like Jerome Williams last year.I think he needs to stay at the 2guard.

Good idea, Hughes has potential to have a 40 point game. In fact, didnt he have one vs LAKERS one time? Anyways heres some reasons why this wouldnt work

1) Last time i checked, Hughes was at 4.5 million or so a year. No teams want Vaughn for 4.5 million. So to tweak your trade idea - how about VAUGHN + GLOVER for HUGHES?

Glover is pretty cheap and Vaughn could be signed for a 1 year deal or 2 which makes the GS cap even better.

2) Who do u want starting? Hughes vs Johnson? I think Hughes will start complaining about a bench role (didnt he have a past about that?). Babcock doesnt want any trouble makers.

Although-

PG: Terry, Dickau

SG: Hughes, Johnson

SF: Newble, Kukoc, Crawford

PF: Abdur-Rahim, Henderson, Smith

C: Ratliff, Moahmmed

not bad?

Hughes is a shot hog and it would hurt the team.I'm looking

for JT/SAR/DJ to do the bulk of scoring.Hughes would want

to try and average 20PPG.I prefer a rebounder and can get

11-13PPG without needing alot of shots.

First:

Hughes can't be 4.5 million, he's just now finishing his rookie contract. I think that both he and JV has about the same value... 4.5 million and GS would happily take Vaughn for that price. Weather we like it or not, Vaughn will be used in trade.

Second:

The whole thought is if DJ is big enough to play SF, We go out and get a SG... HUGHES. So there's no struggle between Hughes and DJ.

why trade for him when we could just make him a FA offer? He is an unrestricted FA. I posted a while ago that I thought he and JT might work well in the backcourt together because while neither is a true PG, they both have many PG skills.

As far as Vaughn being used in trade, he MIGHT be but I only see that happening if he is a part of a bigger deal where a team wants to acquire a backup PG. NOBODY is going to pay JV $4.5 million/season for what he brings to the table. If he gets $2 million/season (I'll be VERY surprised), he'd better take it and run. I won't be surprised to see him sign for around $1 million/season.

I just think Huges is a bad move.Even the lowly Warriors

don't want him.That says something....and that something

is he isn'ta very good player,shoots terrible,can't play defense,

and is a shot hog.We would lose atleast 6 extra games with

him.They trew him away to start Gilbert Arenas.lol!

I wouldn't give up the farm to get him but he does have some talent. I don't think he would be bad at all as a 3rd (or even 4th) option scorer on this team. What I like most about him is that he does have some PG skills and he is still young. I think he could average 15/5/5 starting alongside JT and I think he would be a nice combo guard off the bench. He just turned 23 so he is young and he should get better. I'm not in love with his game but I like his athleticism, his versatility, his ability to score and his upside. He wouldn't be my first choice but if Pete went after him I could understand why.

By the way, I wouldn't worry about the fact that the Warriors didn't want him. I've seen them vitrtually give away some prett good talent over the last few years.

The Why is simple.

We can trade JV SNT... And Still hold on to our MCE (4.5 Million).

Maybe not for 4.5 million but a straight up SNT of both FAs at 2 yrs 6 million would be good for both teams and both players.

Also, I think Hughes is more talented than some give him credit for. He's just not a PG. GS tried to make him a PG and he's really a slasher. I think it would be an interesting mix to have his slashing/ballhandling followed by Glover's Slashing/Low posting. Becuase it almost gives JT a parttime job as a 2.

My bad about his contract. Guess i was wrong.

I guess he could workout in ATLANTA, but if we do have a straight up JV for HUGHES... then we are left with many players on contract.

We also have an unofficial "Newble will be back" comment from Babcock.

Even if we were to acquire Hughes in a sign and trade, no way we would sign Hughes AND use the $4.5 million exception. In addition, that is why GS let Hughes become an unrestricted FA by not presenting him with an offer sheet. They wanted to get rid of his salary altogether. They could have offered him $2.9 million and then held the right to match any offer he might have gotten (just like they did for Marc Jackson). If they were interested in a sign and trade for Hughes, they could have pursued one.

I agree that Hughes has some talent. As I said, I would be happy to have him on our team. I just don't think a sign and trade with GS involving him and JV is very likely.