• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Lakers off season prediction- Ron Artest

coachx

The Laker will be very active this off season.

Every one thinks they will aggressivly bid for Garnett, O'Neil, or Gasol to get some much needed post offense and more of an interior defensive presence.

Here is my prediction:

The Laker bring Ron Artest in through trade since he can be had at well below market value.

Phil Jackson some what tamed Dennis Roodman or atleast kept him from being a team distraction. The Zen master is the only one who can tame Artest's demons and get winning productivity from him. Kobe is one of the only stars big enoughto command Ron's respect. The Laker's would faithful would stand by Artest as long as they are winning, unlike the family oriented Sacremento and Indiana areas.

The Kings are desperate for youth and interior defense. May be a Kwame Brown/Smush Parker could steal Artest away since the Kings are desperate. The Kings would probably want the Laker late 1st round pick too.

If the Lakers could keep Odum, Bynum, and Kobe and obtain Artest they would be pretty tough for the next 4 years. Phil Jackson has proven a good PG is not necessary for the triangle if you SG & SF can handle the rock. Kobe, Odum, and Artest can all handle the Rock.

You know what other team would be interested in Artest ??? You guessed it, that bad boy in NY, Isiah Thomas.

I could see the Knicks offering up some troubled players for the troubled Artest. Kings would jump if a big man like Frye was included. The Kings need a young PF. Frye and Nate Robinmson maybe or maybe Quinton Richardson included some how ?

Mark it down....The Laker and the Knicks will be 2 of the only serious teams interested in Ron Artest.

Quote:

Mark it down....The Laker and the Knicks will be 2 of the only serious teams interested in Ron Artest.

lol! That's like saying the Yankees or BoSox will be the only major players for....BIG NAME HERE. I heard today about the issue with Kobe being mad that the Lakers didn't get him this year. He's from NY. Could have never guessed these teams would go after him. You are not telling anyone anything they don't already know. Not to mention, who cares where this guy goes or what he does? He has no respect for the game. Personally, I would love to see him tear a few ligaments and never play again. We would all be better off.

Quote:

Quote:

lol! That's like saying the Yankees or BoSox will be the only major players for....BIG NAME HERE. I heard today about the issue with Kobe being mad that the Lakers didn't get him this year. He's from NY. Could have never guessed these teams would go after him. You are not telling anyone anything they don't already know. Not to mention, who cares where this guy goes or what he does? He has no respect for the game. Personally, I would love to see him tear a few ligaments and never play again. We would all be better off.

Troy there is a difference.

The Yankees and Red Sox are the only teams interesteed in certain players b/c they are the only teams who can afford them in the only sport without a salary cap.

The Lakers and Knicks interest has no bearing on a high salary or who can afford a mega $100,000,000 contract.

Artest makes a pedistrian average of $7,000,000 / year for all star talent. Isiah and Phil are the only coaches with egos big enough to command Artest's respect and the only coaches with track records of working succesfully with troubled souls. They both tamed Dennis Rodman's demons enough to win some championships.

People should care what happens to Artest if they are a fan of the NBA b/c he will effect the playoffs next year on whatefver teams he winds up on and he will give the team you cheer for fits when they play against him. He hated more then Bruce Bowen by his opponents.

I can see Artest and Lee being a blue collar, scrappy foward combo that would bring Detroit's old Bad Boy nickname over to the Knicks. (I hate Isiah and the Knicks but they are in the East and directly impact the Hawks playoff goal).If Artest could give Curry just 1% of his fire the Knicks would have something. Get Artest some Meds to balance him out and a team who cares more about winning then character they have something more than 1st round good bye in the playoffs.

I personally hope stays out West. If he comes to the Knicks that is one less playoff spot for the Hawks to be fighting for.

I dislike Artest as a person.

I could see Artest working in LA. The only other place I could see him is Chicago if they trade Deng as part of a package for Gasol and need help at the 3, as Ron played pretty well there. Although Skiles + Artest - ooh that wont be pretty.