• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Draft Yi and a pointguard

TheFormerJJBacker

Simple enough... what luck!

At 3:

Wright, Noah, or Yi...

I go for Yi... he's a 7-footer that will change the game. Has handles, can pass, can run, dunks on people, has a jumper.... He's Dirk meets Pau... I think we'd take either of them right?

At 11:

Best Point Guard available: Conley, Law, or Crittenton.

HELLO PLAYOFFS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Is Conley really a can't miss? If the Buckeyes lose to A&M in the tourney are we all talking about Law?

Conley is a better passer/game manager. Chris Paul (but not as good)

Law is a better scorer/shooter with balls. Deron Williams in a smaller body.

I'd like either of them. And I think one will be available at 11. If not... go with Javaris Crittenton - he's no bum and he knows how to run a team.

If we passed on the next Dirk/Pau Gasol for a not as good version of Chris Paul (when a smaller version of Deron Williams could have been taken) that would suck.

We're obviously going to get a PG and a PF/C... I think the difference between getting a stiff like Hibbert at 11 vs. Yi at 3 is much greater than getting Law or Grittenton vs. Conley...

Just my opinion (but it's right :-) )

Thanks for the shared opinion Diesel....

You like Yi at 3?

This team would be as follows:

PG: Conley (who's still a possibility at 11)/Law/Crit

SG: The All-Star

SF: Marv

PF: Smoov

C: Yi (Who's 7 feet with handles and a jumper)

Chills bringing energy off the bench

ZaZa bringing grace off the bench (kidding of course)

Shel bringing boards

Speedy off the bench (where he's more comfortable as a change-of-pace type guy)

Salim as the Eddie House

AJ bringing vetern help/poise (like Jacque Vaughn)

Random big dude via free agency...

Are you serious?

• Moderators

Quote:

You like Yi at 3?

Shel bringing boards

Salim as the Eddie House

Are you serious?

Yi is a small forward - not a center by any means.

Quote:

You like Yi at 3?

Shel bringing boards

Salim as the Eddie House

Are you serious?

What a sick team

Can you say this year's Raptors?

Yi isn't necessarily a "big" - like Hawes, Hibbert, etc. He is like a 7-foot SF... but isn't Pau Gasol, too? Isn't Dirk, too? Isn't Okur, too? Isn't Rasheed Wallace, too? I mean face it - the game is changing... the days of a Mutumbo running around are coming to an end...

Hibbert is ok. Hawes is terrible (I live in PHX, so I see many a Pac-10 game). Neither is really a difference maker. Neither will an all-star. We already have Shel... We don't need two stiffs running around.

Our team is better suited for small ball. Any broadcast team from any opposing team would frequently wonder aloud why we don't run.

In international ball - Yi was on Pau, Dirk and Brand. What's wrong with that?

And again - he can lead the break. He has handles. He has a post game (offensively). He can hit jumpers. We'd need to work on his d a bit... but he's not tiny. He's the same height and 8 pounds lighter than Oden.

C'mon Billy - Draft YI!!!!!!!!!!

We can get a quality PG at 11 (Conley, Law or Critt). In fact, it's conceivable that all three would be available.

I'm not a huge fan of Wright. I'm not a huge fan of Noah. Get YI. (NOTE: We'd be on National TV as well - Just like Yao did for the Rockets... JJ and Smoov might be All-Stars, as well because of the world exposure... )

Conley won't be there at 3, with Conley being a top 5 player on ESPN board, he'll probably be a top 5 player on everybody else board by tomorrow. Remember last year at this time everybody had Tyrus Thomas going at around 5-8, and after ESPN had him rank #1, everybody moved him up to the top 3.

I would have to agree with Yi and a point guard at #11. I don't see Memphis, Boston, Milwaukee, Minnesota, Charlotte, or Chicago picking a point guard. I'm not sure about Sacramento. Even if they do however, that still leaves 2 comparable point guards to choose from, each with their own positive attributes. I also liked the look of that greek euro MVP. Ultimately though, I think this next season's success will rest upon the coaching of Mike Woodson, and how he runs the offense, regardless of who we draft.

Quote:

Conley won't be there at 3, with Conley being a top 5 player on ESPN board, he'll probably be a top 5 player on everybody else board by tomorrow. Remember last year at this time everybody had Tyrus Thomas going at around 5-8, and after ESPN had him rank #1, everybody moved him up to the top 3.

What? I thought #3 WAS in the top 5. If someone wants to pass on Oden or Durant to take Conley, I will cry (faking) and take one of those two in a heartbeat. If we want Conley at 3, he will be there - - but do we want him???

i only know about Yi what i've seen on the highlight films on youtube and some interviews and mock drafts. i havent seen him in a game to see his defense on plays that arent highlight material. however i do like what i've seen...

but doesnt he seem to have a game similiar to Noah but with a better shot? maybe not.

in any case, we're in a odd situation. if we were 5 and 11, i'd take conley with the 5th pick. but 3 seems too high for him. you could pick a Yi at 3 and then trade down with him for any takers if conley is still there around 5 or 6.

but i do like Law. I guess i'm going to have to revisit some footage with Conley to see why he's that much more important than Law.

Yi has game, he is super versatile he handles, shoots well, and can drive and dish --- his weakness is interior defense but he is athletic and with J Smith helping he could be very effective but is he willing to play center?? Acie Law is flying under the radar after Conley declared but Law is a very good NBA ready PG.