• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Forget the draft, we need to acquire...........

lush23

Pau Gasol from Memphis via trade, using the #3 pick and whatever else, and we need to sign Maurice Williams away from Milwaukee.

Williams ave. 17.3 pts and 6.1 assist.

Gasol ave. 20.8 pts and 9.8 rebounds.

No rookies at #3 & #11 will put up close to those numbers.

Line-up:

PG M. Williams

SG J. Johnson

C. P. Gasol

PF J. Smith

SF M. Williams

Quote:

Pau Gasol from Memphis via trade, using the #3 pick and whatever else, and we need to sign Maurice Williams away from Milwaukee.

Williams ave. 17.3 pts and 6.1 assist.

Gasol ave. 20.8 pts and 9.8 rebounds.

No rookies at #3 & #11 will put up close to those numbers.

Line-up:

PG M. Williams

SG J. Johnson

C. P. Gasol

PF J. Smith

SF M. Williams

I thought Pau Gasol was a PF?

I'm with you on this. I'm about up to the heavens sick of bringing in rookies to an already young team. Do we really HAVE to add two MORE ROOKIES to this team, which already doesn't know how to win yet? What kind of example would they be showing them? We have to get these picks right this time and I just don't BK to do that.

The question is how do we convince a free agent like Mo Williams to come here, especially given the constraints put on the team by the courts?

Mo Williams is not a PG and he's one of the WORST defensive PGs in the league, it's not a coincidence Bucks fans want to get rid of him, he's simply not that good. If we pay Gasol max money and sign Mo to a lengthy contract, you can kiss resigning Smith goodbye.

I'm not very enamored with Williams either but patience isn't a virtue right now. We need a veteran in here who can play and not able to opt out of a contract anytime soon. This team needs that type of player in here pronto; not another guy we have to wait 2-4 years to see if he's going to be somebody. No more Marvin William types. We need impact right now; in a good sense.

So you'd rather lock us up in mediocrity with no chance of cap space for years? I doubt we'd get to the 2nd round with Mo as our PG, he's too much of a liability. We would also lose Smith if we traded for him and Gasol.

What teams don't have a first round pick? I rememeber hearing one team without a pick saying they wanted to get into the first round. The question would be who is it and what do they have to offer?

I think there is at least a 50/50 chance we trade one of the picks, and rightly so in order to bring in some maturity.

Quote:

You are probably right. We would have too much money locked up in PG with Speedy & MO, so that probably wouldn't work. I still think Gasol would really help and then use #11 to draft a PG.

I agree 100%...we still need to get a PG with the #11 pick simply for the future and as depth in case Speedy is hurt alot again.

I like Gasol and Smoove on our front line. We could hold serve at home much better with a real inside offense post presence. Zaza could be what he should be (a solid backup).