• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Diesel's new TOTD... Would you kick the TV IF.....

Diesel

• Premium Member

Atlanta trades:

Speedy Claxton, Lo Wright, #3 to Philly for #12, #21, and Andre Miller?

Hawks would have #11, #12, #21 in the draft...

and

Andre Miller, JJ, Marvin, JSmoove, and Zaza... as the Starting 5...

Quote:

Atlanta trades:

Speedy Claxton, Lo Wright, #3 to Philly for #12, #21, and Andre Miller?

Hawks would have #11, #12, #21 in the draft...

and

Andre Miller, JJ, Marvin, JSmoove, and Zaza... as the Starting 5...

That would be fine with me - JJ and A. Miller would cook together at the guard spots. Evacuating Speedy would be awesome....as long as we substitute the #11 and a player for the #3. This team needs to get a real talent at #3....I would take Brandan Wright.

Quote:

That would be fine with me - JJ and A. Miller would cook together at the guard spots. Evacuating Speedy would be awesome....as long as we substitute the #11 and a player for the #3. This team needs to get a real talent at #3....I would take Brandan Wright.

Or we could just keep both picks and take Acie Law and a post player.

Why does everyone want to trade?

• Premium Member

I just mentioned new deals because 803 posts about the same PTL deals get redundant.

Phi is rumored to be one of the people who PTL wants to dump Randolph on (for Miller + Filler)... I say, that's good if Philly wants a 20/10 guy and they want to undo some of their bad contracts (1). But I was interested in Philly moving up in the draft? There's a great difference between #12 and #3.

Iggy + Conley Jr? That's speedy.. Or maybe they get #3 so that they can trade most of their Junk contracts away for Zach Randolph???

That could be Ollie, Green, Speedy, #3 for Randolph, Jack?

Just make it a three way:

Hawks get Miller, #21, #12.

PTL gets Ollie, Green, Speedy, #3.

Philly gets Randolph, Lo Wright, Jack.

I can almost guarantee that they could do some damage with:

Jack, AI, Korver, Randolph, and Dalembert.

He'd be the best Post guy that they have had since Barkley.

PTL would be happy with:

Conley Jr., Roy, Outlaw, Aldridge, and Oden.

and for us:

JJ and Miller would be the best Backcourt in the game!

Hawes is legit, may be a little soft on D at first, but he's very legit. I think using the word "fundamentals" is underselling him quite a bit. He's as skilled as any big man I've ever watched at his age (of course I'm no scout, but you get the point, he's damn good).

I had big dreams of him becoming a Tarheel, maybe he'll be a Hawk.

I love the idea of using #3 for either Conley or for trading for a legit PG, and having a chance to pick from many good big men at #11.

• Premium Member

When I say fundamental, I'm talking in the Tim Duncan sense. I believe that he's a guy who can work in the low post and he's a good passer. If he stays in the draft, we have to consider him too. His defense is a question mark. I don't know if he's able to be a shot blocker... but offensively, I think he's a beast. BUt I feel the same about General Yi...

i like the idea diesel but andre miller was the single reason why philly did not have the worst record last year. he's the reason why philly went from laughingstock to respectable. of course iggy is a great talent, but without miller directing the show, philly was still a horrible team. i somehow doubt that philly would be willing to give up andre. now if you're interested in dalambert thats' a totally different story.

Quote:

When I say fundamental, I'm talking in the Tim Duncan sense.

The perfect example. Tim Duncan is nothing but greatness, one of the best ever, and yet we describe him as "fundamental".

I guess because of Tim Duncan "fundamental" is now a compliment.

I think hawes can be as good as Timmy. His frame can support more bulk up top, but he really needs to add some lower body strength. Not surprising seeing as though he's a 18 year old 6'11"-7'0" kid.

He's not a terrible defender by any means, he's just not a really good one yet. He's long enough and quick enough to block shots and in his highschool clips he made me think he was a very good shot blocker, but it's so hard to extrapolate when he's playing centers under 6'6" so much of the time.

If Spencer would play 4 years in college he'd be the NPOY at least once. Had he gone to a perennial powerhouse or an east coast team his hype would be ridiculous right now. Had Oden been in a class above or below his hype would be ridiculous as well.

I'm rambling now but it's amazing to me the amount of talent that's been going through Washington and they're still a program in the shadows of the big time programs. I guess they need a title to get placed firmly on the map. Could happen if Romar keeps it rolling up there. The Pac northwest talent pool is deeper than ever.

• Premium Member

Looking at it from a financial POV and an age POV, Philly is not ready to win now. They have some good pieces, but by the time they are ready to win, Miller will be old. I think getting a post guy like Zebo and a PG like Jack will give them a really nice team:

Jack, AI, Korver, Zebo, Dalembert.

Plus who knows what they can get with that late pick...