• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Bucher: "Conley a lock at 3"

oiatlhawksfan

and beleive me I'm a huge FSU/Al Thornton fan and would love him to be on our team but again realize he's a forward and we don't need him (and for the record i think thornton will be better than Wright in the NBA and will end up being a top 5/6 producer from this draft).

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

yall are making out to be like, Wright gonna put up 5pts 3rebs, no he's not the consensus 3rd best player by most for nothing, he's gonna be able to come in and put up 10pts/8reb/1.5-2blks a game.Sure his offensive game is raw, but his athletic ability will allow him to score early on. Tyrus Thomas comes to mind. I remember watching a game against Clevland and he destroy them for 28 on mostly dunks.

Quote:

yall are making out to be like, Wright gonna put up 5pts 3rebs, no he's not the consensus 3rd best player by most for nothing, he's gonna be able to come in and put up 10pts/8reb/1.5-2blks a game.Sure his offensive game is raw, but his athletisim will allow him to score early on. Tyrus Thomas comes to mind. I remember watching a game against Clevland and he destroy them for 28 on mostly dunks.

I'll tell you what Wright would be putting up in the boxscore next season is a lot of DNP Coaches Decision (player's to weak physically for the NBA, plus the coach could not find time to play this project considering JOSH SMITH is on the team).

Quote:

he's gonna be able to come in and put up 10pts/8reb/1.5-2blks a game.

Just wow... If he plays enough to score that much, he'll give up twice as much on the other end of the floor.

Quote:

Tyrus Thomas comes to mind. I remember watching a game against Clevland and he destroy them for 28 on mostly dunks.

Exactly, mostly dunks. Chicago has a good system with multiple offensive threats which allow Thomas to get open for wide open dunks. Thomas is possibly the rawest offensive player in the league, and he can't make a shot outside 8 feet, much like Wright. He can't even make free throws, much like Wright. Why do you think Tyrus doesn't play alot? Because he gets into foul trouble SO EASILY, because big guys inside are WAY TOO STRONG for him. Tyrus is also 5 pounds HEAVIER than Wright, and he only shot 47% from the field. Also, Tyrus only averaged 5 and 3 this year, so don't get too far ahead of yourself.

Brandan Wright hate is hilarious. I wasn't sold on the guy for a sec but then I remembered A)How highly touted he was as a prospect out of high school (ranked higher than Durant before Nike Hoops Summit Game) and B)The fact that players like Tyrus Thomas can succeed in the league despite the frame and lack of developed offense.

Brandan Wright is every bit the athlete Tyrus Thomas is but longer with his ridiculous 7'6 wing span.

I think he will be nice.

He Noah, Yi Jianlian, and even Horford are better picks than Conley.

I think people who think we are picking Conley have no clue because BK says he wants a bigger PG and no way does he pick a PG that high. And it's a good thing too because man would that be terrible value left at our 11th pick.

Quote:

Brandan Wright hate is hilarious. I wasn't sold on the guy for a sec but then I remembered A)How highly touted he was as a prospect out of high school (ranked higher than Durant before Nike Hoops Summit Game) and B)The fact that players like Tyrus Thomas can succeed in the league despite the frame and lack of developed offense.

Brandan Wright is every bit the athlete Tyrus Thomas is but longer with his ridiculous 7'6 wing span.

I think he will be nice.

He Noah, Yi Jianlian, and even Horford are better picks than Conley.

I think people who think we are picking Conley have no clue because BK says he wants a bigger PG and no way does he pick a PG that high. And it's a good thing too because man would that be terrible value left at our 11th pick.

Tyrus Thomas isn't comparable to Wright, Tyrus is a freak of athlete, while Brandan is in that same mold of KG, Amare, and Kemp. People forget that Dwight came into the league at 225 and now he 265.

Quote:

Tyrus Thomas isn't comparable to Wright, Tyrus is a freak of athlete, while Brandan is in that same mold of KG, Amare, and Kemp. People forget that Dwight came into the league at 225 and now he 265.

Yeah people act like you can't gain weight once you get to the league which is a joke.

Considering how Wright's frame is just begging for weight to be put on and considering how young he is, it would be incredibly easy for him to gain weight.

So, now you are using Tyrus Thomas game against the Cavs as evidence to support Wright? Thats funny.

I think Conley reminds me on Tony Parker. Which Parker game should we use to back Conley?

Doc, I agree with just about everything you said. Except for Yi at C. We don't need a 7 footer and we don't need a C per se. We need defense in the paint. And that isn't Yi Jianlin by a mile.

Quote:

The fact that players like Tyrus Thomas can succeed in the league despite the frame and lack of developed offense.

WTF is up with all these Tyrus comparisons? Since when has Tyrus succeeded in the league? Paul Milsap is better than Tyrus at this point. Tyrus averaged 5 points and 3 rebounds a game, and couldn't even stay in for longer than 20 minutes because he'd foul out. Tyrus is also HEAVIER than Wright, and JUST like Wright he couldn't do ANYTHING other than dunk. He can't shoot at ALL, and he can't even make free throws, JUST LIKE WRIGHT.

Quote:

)How highly touted he was as a prospect out of high school

Since when does this have any meaning whatsoever? Kwame was ranked higher than Curry/Chandler, I guess he's better then them too, right?

Quote:

If you watch Tyrus, you can see he would be very effective if he stayed on the court. Yall just look at stats and expect that to tell you everything.

He CAN'T stay on the floor because he is so foul prone! Do you not realize that? Do you know WHY he's foul prone? Because he's too skinny and weak that he's forced to foul when on defense. Much like Solomon Jones. If he would be productive, then why doesn't he play over the 40 year old PJ BROWN?!? Obviously he'd be better than him, right?

Quote:

If you watch Tyrus, you can see he would be very effective if he stayed on the court. Yall just look at stats and expect that to tell you everything.

he plays 96% of his game with unreal athletcism, he needs to find somekind of game that doesn't mainly envole his offense, he looks like Shawn Marion when he was a rook, expect Marion was better on offense and had less athlete talent.

Quote:

Wait...Tyrus really doesn't have anything to do with this, the fact is, Brandon Wright doesn't have to have Spencer Hawes post skills to be produtive on offense.

Hawes has great techique in the post, but plays weak and isn't atleteic, a sign that usually spell trouble for the first couple of years. Wright is not a college made player, he make for the NBA, guys like that impact are higher in the NBA becuase of less double teams and it a game that is not a guards game which helps super-athletes like Wright. Hawes really shouldn't have center, I think he will be good in this league but he probably won't get off the bench for a couple of years.

Damn! How many time do I have to say this "CONLEY WON'T LEAD THE HAWKS TO THE PLAYOFFS"! He's 2 years out of high school, and yall think he can lead this team to the playoffs right away. Did Chris Paul lead his team to the playoffs right away, and Conley isn't nearly at the level Chris Paul was.

Mason, Chandler and West is a damn good suppourting cast, don't forget Bobby Jackson, and Peja.

The fact is, those who think he'll lead us to the playoffs right away are dreaming, we have a better shot at the playoffs with a experience guard, Jarret Jack, Steve Blake, Mo Williams would all lead us to the playoffs.

We have the 3rd pick in the strongest draft in a while, we need to maximize that pick, not take a PG, who isn't that much better than the second best PG.

Chandler was a monster anchor and had atleast 12 rebounds in like 30 straight games.

West average 18pts and 8reb, he did what we want Marvin to do for us.