• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Tyson-Etienne fight was it a setup?

Blunt91

I watched that pathetic boxing match last night. Tyson supposedly knocking this guy out in the first 49seconds of the 1stround. All this hype that this Etienne guy would put up a good fight were moot. Heck Etienne even had Mystikal rapping to his song "Danger" for his entrance music. All that to get knocked the F?? out! Tyson says he still needs a couple of more fights before going against Lennox again. He admits Lennox beat him good. He says he is a changed man since that fight. He said Lennox must have whipped his ass and baptized him at the same time.LOL!! Luckily I didn't lose any money since i already have showtime and didn't have to order it on PPV.

• Admin

I mean, c'mon. You could see that a mile away. Dude gets popped. It was a good solid shot. But that's not going to put a guy down for the count. Then to top it, he has the wits to catch himself for a nice comfortable fall on his way down. He then has the wits to remove his mouth piece while he lays there. He stays down to the 10 count then immediately gets up without much labor at all. HAHA, what a joke! That's why heavy weight boxing is a joke these days.

Tyson sells a lot of tickets, win or lose. But they couldn't just give him antoher title shot, the guy hasn't won a major fight in years. So they drum up this fight to get him some publicity. now he can challenge for the title again. Such a joke.

"I watched that pathetic boxing match last night. Tyson supposedly knocking this guy out in the first 49seconds of the 1stround. All this hype that this Etienne guy would put up a good fight were moot. Heck Etienne even had Mystikal rapping to his song "Danger" for his entrance music"

Hmm, all of this seems like far too good of an analogy

to pass up !

Can we say "USA -vs- Iraq", boys and girls ? smile.gif

Amazing that the same brains that can see through

one hoax cannot see through the exact same hoax

with a different promoter.

Emotions and trust cause blindness.................

You remind me of a Martin Lawrence's character in "Boomerang." In that movie, Martin's character was convinced that the "white man" was conspiring to keep the black man down and that examples of this could be seen all over the world. For instance, take the game of pool. The green felt on the table represents the earth and the game is not over until the white cue ball (representing the white man) drives the black eight ball (representing the black man) off the table (earth)! Come on man!

Please enlighten me oh wise Chicken Stanley! What pray tell then would you call the following diatribe?

"Can we say "USA -vs- Iraq", boys and girls ?

Amazing that the same brains that can see through

one hoax cannot see through the exact same hoax

with a different promoter.

Emotions and trust cause blindness................."

Are you saying that it is a FACT that "USA -vs- Iraq" is a hoax? If so, please explain your theo...uh, idea!

USA -vs- Iraq = 1996 Chicago Bulls -vs- Jr. High girls

Don King wouldn't have a prayer promoting this

one.

Vegas wouldn't even make book on it.

It's hard to believe they're actually trying to sell

tickets to this one again !

And it's beyond ridiculous that the Gov't/press have

actually gotten people to take it seriously. [the

fact that Iraq really poses a legitimate threat]

Is it a hoax ? Well, not technically --- but it's

extremely deceitful and deceptive. But that's

what has to be done with the American population

because they are too affluent, soft and far removed

from reality to back a war from a purely strategic

longterm standpoint.

I think you are correct that the apparently upcoming war is certainly about a lot more than Iraq being a threat from a terrorism standpoint. I also think you are correct that the majority of Americans would not back a war with Iraq from a purely longterm strategic standpoint. I don't think NATO would support the US attacking Iraq for longterm strategic reasons either, at least not officially. Thus, the most effective way to garner both domestic and international support for a war against Iraq is to articulate the fact that Iraq poses a real threat from a terrorism standpoint.

It's funny but I think we both see the same reasons for the apparently upcoming attack. That being said, I don't see it as a "hoax" but as the political maneuvering necessary to gain support for dealing with Saddam. Maybe that is a fine line but that is how I see it.