• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:

Quote:

I know people would be moaning about drafting another SF but Wright has the wingspan and mentality of a post player.

Wrights wingspan is no greater than Sheldens. And at 210 pounds who is he going to post up, the cheerleaders? He won't be able to back down anyone or establish good post position.

You don't have to back someone down if you can blow by them or elevate over them.

Quote:

You don't have to back someone down if you can blow by them or elevate over them.

When has Wright ever blown by anyone off the dribble? And you can't jump over someone 15 feet from the basket, if he can even get that close.

Quote:

Quote:

When has Wright ever blown by anyone off the dribble? And you can't jump over someone 15 feet from the basket, if he can even get that close.

Ever heard of getting position down low?

Quote:

Chris Bosh was still a 210 lbs weakling when he came out of GT

Who could shoot and beat people off the dribble. Again Wright has shown neither ability.

And Toronto plays at a very fast pace. Bosh can play center in that system because he can pull opposing centers out of the lane and make jumpers or beat them off the dribble. When has Wright done either? He can't even make foul shots.

-- not a reply to ex, just a general reply to the thread --

Wright isn't nearly as versatile as Bosh was, but he may be the better low post player at the same age. They're pretty comparable body types and sizes.

But Bosh was NO TIM DUNCAN!!! That's absurd.

And Wright is far more fundamentally sound than Ty Thomas. Wright has been a very dominant player since the start of his freshman year in highscool. He's no fluke and he's no bust, he's just limited in the scope of his current skills and he needs to work on his body.

Bosh is a decent comparison from an around the basket aspect. Tim Duncan and Ty Thomas don't in any way belong in this discussion.

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Ever heard of getting position down low?

I have but obviously you don't understand what it takes to get position down low. You have to physically fight for position which is hard if you weight 210. The defenders aren't just going to let him waltz into the lane and post them up 5 ft from the basket, which is what you seem to think.

Quote:

I didn't mean he's gonna put it on the ground and take it to the basket, I meant he's gonna be able to grab offensive rebounds or post up and throw it down.

I just can't stop showing this video, and imagining what he can do. Pay attention to the blocks!

he looks like smooth there...great athleticism, blocking, put backs...i saw no post moves..he had a short midrange game there but that's about it...we already have a smoove.

Once again you make it out to be like he's more frail than Manut Bol.

The guy is very strong for his weight and could easily put on a whole lot more.

Chris Bosh was the EXACT SAME SIZE coming into the league.

If you have good feet you can shift around down low to get position. And once again, he doesn't have to back them down if he can elevate over him. That left hand hook he has is UNBLOCKABLE

And he has shown signs of a baseline jumper.

Like I said, the man shot SIXTY FIVE PERCENT. No one can possibly shoot that well without shooting a few jumpers.

You think he dunked or layed up every one of those 230 baskets he scored????

Quote:

you didn't really answer the question will Conley be better than Wright when both their careers are over?

Theres plenty of free agent PG avaliable that are far better than Conley

you should now it's easier to get a free agent good forward than a free agent good point guard.

i would argue that carmelo anthony has produced better numbers than tony bryant but right now, i'd rather have tony bryant because we need a point...let the bashing begin.

Wright does a good job of getting and maintaining position down low. He's not one that seeks out contact, but he holds his own. You don't have to have a big ass to get position, a long lanky guy can still get leverage with good technique, and he does.

He wont be backing Brand down all game long, but I don't expect him to take too long to get used to getting position on the blocks. His length, wingspan and soft hands help him out in that dept., but mainly it's the fact that he's a well trained basketball player and he's always focused on his post game and nothing else.

Quote:

He wont be backing Brand down all game long, but I don't expect him to take too long to get used to getting position on the blocks. His length, wingspan and soft hands help him out in that dept., but mainly it's the fact that he's a well trained basketball player and he's always focused on his post game and nothing else.

You mean he can use his length, athleticism, and basketball IQ to get to the right spots to get position down low?

Blasphemy!

It's all about being 300 pounds and how much you leg press!