• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks dead last in offense!!

lush23

Quote:

Chris Bosh was the EXACT SAME SIZE coming into the league.

And he had a perimeter game.

Quote:

And once again, he doesn't have to back them down if he can elevate over him. That left hand hook he has is UNBLOCKABLE

Good luck trying to make hook shots from 15 feet.

Quote:

You think he dunked or layed up every one of those 230 baskets he scored????

I didn't see every basket. But i didn't see him creating shots for himself at any time. I saw him finishing plays set up by others.

Bosh was a completely different player because he could create offense on his own.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

"Back down"? I don't know. I used that in reference to getting position by out muscling someone. Starting 10 feet out and working your way down with force. Not many guys do that anyway.

He can beat just about any PF to a spot, he's quick and he's smart and he's instinctive. On the college level he didn't have any problem maintaining that position once he got it. Against a guy like Brand that should be an issue right out of the gate.

I think he can have a Rasheed like post game, he's shorter but probably just as long. He passes well, so he can have a Sheed like effect in that as well. I don't expect him to have a Sheed like perimeter game.

He had the ability to shoot, but Sheed's college game was pretty much ALL dunk. He was an incredible physical specimin and he wasn't playing far from the rim at all. He never needed to. Sheed may ahve possessed the jumper at that point, but he didn't have the hook shot that Brandan has. I think we're splitting hairs.

On a college level their games are very similar, but Sheed had more "passion", which was both a good and bad thing.

Quote:

Wright has a jump hook that's unstoppable just like that Sheed turnaround. Sure maybe Sheed's shot has more range but do you really think he can't get within 15 FEET of the basket?

Come on now

A post defenders job is to keep a guy out of good post position. If they know he has a good jump hook they are going to try to force him far enough away from the basket that he can't shoot it.

At 210 pounds Wright won't be able to hold his ground. And since he has no perimeter game it is going to be tough for him to get close enough to the basket to use his jump hook.