We Can't Trade Smoove!

BusBoyIsBack

If anyone on this team has a chance to be our Lebron James it's him!

Why did Smoove get so much better this year? Because he started attacking the basket!

Smoove may not be as strong as Lebron but he's still 6'9 240.

More importantly he still can elevate just as high above the rim as Lebron.

Now he may not be nearly as quick as Lebron but who is at that size?

Still if SMoove gained about 15 more pounds he could closer to the physical specimen that Lebron is.

And if he got more and more of that attacking mentality, he would EASILY average 20 PPG.

Just like Lebron, but more so, he has to work on his perimeter jumpshot and midrange game.

But I say the biggest difference between the two is ballhandling and decision making in transition.

But guess what? These are two things Josh actually admitted he needs to work on and that he actually said he was going to work on in the off-season.

And that tells me that Josh has a good work ethic (contrary to that rumor about him being a headcase)

And when someone athletically gifted has a good work ethic, then that usually leads to brighter things.

NOw this isn't to say Josh will be as good as Lebron, but he can be OUR Lebron.

Maybe he can't score 30 PPG but he def can score at least 20.

He can find open teammates and ignite them and the crowd with ridiculous flushes with authority.

No way should we trade this guy.

Im on the Brandan Wright Bandwagon. Im on the Yi bandwagon.

But I don't think either one has the potential of Josh SMith.

I don't even think Kevin Durant will be as good as Josh because of what Josh could bring defensively.

I say no way to trading him.

Quote:

Im on the Brandan Wright Bandwagon. Im on the Yi bandwagon.

But I don't think either one has the potential of Josh SMith.

So you want to draft two guys at 3 who don't have the potential of Smith but will be competing with him for minutes.

Very logical. pillepalle.gif

Quote:

So you want to draft two guys at 3 who don't have the potential of Smith but will be competing with him for minutes.

Very logical.
pillepalle.gif

But Smoove could play the 3.

All I know is that we can't trade him.

I can't even believe I said I'd trade him for Gasol.

I wouldn't trade Smoove for anything short of an NBA Superstar.

Smoove trade talk is a smoke screen.

The only way we maximize the trade value of the #3 pick is to sucker teams into thinking we are interested in people other than PGs.

The only we sucker them into thinking we may take Wright or Yi is to say we don't like Smoove as our PF.

With Smoove on the roster it simply makes no sense to draft another PF.

I can't wait to hear how the Law/Conley workout goes in Atlanta.

I agree. If we trade Josh, then the GM should be fired immediately. He is only 22 years old. His line was

16.4 ppg, 8.6 reb, 3.3 ast, 1.4 stls and 2.8 blocks.

Imagine what he does if he continues to improve. He is not that far away from 20/10/5/1/3. Those numbers approach superstar status. I am not sure who I consider to be equal value. At least, I am not sure who constitutes equal value that there is a snowballs chance would ever be offered in trade. Wade and Lebron and not walking through that door.

Josh (as well as Joe and Marvin) would all thrive with a push the ball PG. To trade any of these 3 would be insane. This team finally has some talent, and people want to trade it all away.

I have seen several mocks that have us taking Conley at 3 and Noah at 11. Fine with me.

I hope we get knocked over with trade offers. But if we walk away with Conley/Noah --- then great.

Noah won't be there at 11. But maybe we could trade Marvin and our 11 to move up and take him or Horford if we did take Conley at 3.

But I still say we take Yi/Wright because of upside. It would move Smoove back to 3. And make Marvin the odd man out which Im ok with if we could get something for him in a trade.

Marvin for Darko.

Law or Critt at 11.

Law/Crittenton

JJ

Josh Smith

Brandan Wright/Yi Jianlian

Darko