• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Ok Season's Over, Start Dickau....

TheDude

I want to see this kid get some reps. He's definitely not up for Rookie of the Year but da.mn it, if there's ever a time to get a rookie some playing time to see what he can do, it's now...We aren't going to the playoffs, we're getting killed when we should at least be fighting...Put Jt back at Sg and let's see what Dickau can bring to the table..

Doc,

Terry Stotts is too much of a wuss to make a call like that.

His job is on the line and he is floundering. He doesn't have the cajones, because he doesn't care about the development of the team or the players. He needs wins, and now... and he is too much of a wimp to try something new.

I'd bench Dog, for starters.

Then, I would bench ANYONE who doesn't follow my game plan. I'd take em out if they aren't going to hustle.

Oh well.

Play.

The problem with starting Dickau is that it is probably even more beneficial to the team to have Jason Terry finish out the season as a point guard.

Flipping Terry between two positions has done nothing but hurt his confidence, and I don't know how many times JT has asked to play just the point guard position.

Dickau is going to get his time. Pete lost Mike Wilks intentionally to ensure that Dickau gets some rub. But, it is more important to continue playing Jason Terry at the point, even if their intentions is to deal him in the offseason.

I would like to see JT and Dickau play more minutes together. I realize that there are many times that the match ups just won't allow this to work. Playing Ira and Dion most of the minutes at the 2 hasn't really helped us on the defensive end, like it should. Plus, the perimeter shooting and ball movement suffers. Why not try some different things, especially when the game is already out of hand and the starters look like they've given up. But that's a whole different subject that I don't want to talk about.

I disagree, because I think doing that will do nothing but shed more doubt on what Jason Terry can do.

IMO, the best thing the Hawks can do is dedicate the rest of the season to see what they truly have in Jason Terry and Dion Glover. Decisions have to be made on both in the offseason.

well the reason we haven't played jt and dickau together is lack of defense...but he.ll, we haven't played defense either way, so might as well play them in a scenario of having two points..kind of like milwaukee now without all the talent...

once we're good, dickau won't have as much time to play(unless he's the reason we're good) so might as well give him the experience now...

and he.ll, we couldn't play any worse...

The Weasel's back, exhausted, but starting in on the threads from the bottom up...

DD should get some burn...about 10-12 minutes a night. Sure, I'd like to see him get more experience with the season a wash, but truth be told, the quick stats I looked at showed that JT is getting better (or was the last two) at the pg and needs to remain there almost full timme the rest of teh season so we can really decided what we have in him and how much we have to pay him to resign him...

DD's here to stay and he'll get his pt...but JT's better and needs the experience and confidence more...

Actually, starting Dickau and JT might work. Even though there is a clear size disadvantage, Dickau can make up for that with sweet passes and JT can shoot the lights out. Dickau just needs a chance to get in for more than 6 minutes. Every time he gets a lot of PT, he plays really well. He might not look too quick, but remember, he had knee surgery.

No. End of story. If JT is to remain with this team past this season, it's more than likely as a pg. And while I agree that DD needs to, and should, get more pt at bu pg as the season concludes, most of that time should be given to JT, to decide if we truly want him after this summer.

IF we don't sign JT, DD will get to see all the pt he can get next year...

Even though I'm a huge fan of his, I don't think he should start extensively. I'm just saying that Stotts should let him start one game, maybe two if he does really well. Just to give him a taste of what he could get to. I know that he shouldn't start a majority of the games, this is JT's team. Nobody can take that away from him.