• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The BPA at 3 is...

D.R.P.

Quote:

Yi is just to much of a mystery to me. If he's so great why is this the first year where hearing about him. Unlike Yao Ming who we heard about for years before he came over. I mean China is only the most populous country in the world.

We've been hearing about Yi, just as long as we been hearing about Oden, and he's consistently has stayed a top prospect, he's not someone who was a lottery pick one year, to an undrafted player the next. At one point they had Yi, going second after Oden in 2004.

http://web.archive.org/web/20040715141620/...ontent=mock2006

there was also one time they had him going ahead of Oden.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

• Premium Member

I think that it's a two way street in terms of who's hyping him as Center. I think it starts with the non-Yi crowd saying "but he's not a Center." and then you have some of the Yi crowd saying "Yes he can play center he's 7 feet"... Lost argument due to falling for the strawman.

Who cares if he plays Center. I don't think he does full time on next years Hawks team anyway. And we don't need him to. 7'1, mobile, agile, good offensive moves. All the rest we can teach! What he has now, can't be taught. That's why we take him!!

Guest Walter

Quote:

I said Horford is the BPA at # 3 but not the best available player available at 3 for the Hawks.

Horford is neither the BPA, the BPAFA, or an NBA center. He's very close, but close is the difference between drafting Deron and Marvin Williams or SW instead of Roy. In the end the result is disasterous.

Quote:

We don't have to see Noah's jaw drop about Horford, people have actually have seen Horford play full games. Why won't you answer my questions?

When Noah's jaw doesn't drop related to Horford and DOES drop when watching Yi, that says all that needs to be said. You don't want to admit that it's relative and significant, but that doesn't mean it isn't.

My girlfriend is HOT! Not just average hot but 36/24/35, model hot. I'm a lucky man. While I'm a very loyal man and in love with her, I have to attribute at least part of my not looking at other women to her "hotness". Were she a little less hot (not ugly, mind you) I'd probably notice at least some other women. She's super hot so I don't.

Point? Horford is Noah's biatch and vice versa. They've been each other's biatch for 3 years. If Horford was so "hot" Noah not only wouldn't be looking at other post players, he wouldn't be jaw dropping, pointing, and cat calling Yi publically. Noah's got the hots for Yi! That says something about Horford's looks. They aren't as good as a lonely man such as yourself thinks. They can't even keep Noah's attention and respect for 5 minutes as soon as the next hussy prospect comes along.

Quote:

For all of the Yi lovers why won’t your boy work out versus Horford? Why is it that Yi did not attend the workout drills in Orlando and compete versus any other players?

Because he doesn't have to and he's part of a Chinese group who not understand or care how things are done. Again, he doesn't have to. Oden and Durant aren't competing against Horford. The cowards!

W