• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Please tell me I'm not the only one that sees it!

d2v16DKG

Hawks beat Denver and I'm glad but it should have been a lapper and it turned out to be a close game. Hawks were lucky because they played a team with 4 rookies starting and they turn the ball over even more than we do. Now what's our problem? I'm going to answer that myself. Our problem is we only have one ball-handler on the court at the same time and JT is doing everything or Dickau is. Newble and Glove are good role players but are not good ball-handlers. No wonder JT and Dickau get high # of turnovers. For the life of me, somebody please explain why we did not sign Mike Wicks when we had a chance? Does anybody know why?

Ballhandling insn't the only problem, making open 3point shots is a question mark as well. Glover missed alot of open shots last night that someone like Dermarr would have made. JT's stats would look even more impressive if we had a guy who could knock down the long range jumper consistently. As far as Wilks, I hope to have an answet from Pete later today.

Actually, I think Glover has improved on his shooting since last year but he definitely is not consistent. I really don't remember DJ being real consistent either and he is another one who can't handle the ball. Yes consistent perimeter shooters would be nice but I still say the lack of ball-handlers hurts us the most with the large number of turnovers as a result. We're not going to play Denver every day. Every other team has at least two ball-handlers at the court at the same time. Look what the Bucks did to us with Cassell and Payton. Also Iverson and Snow for Philly. I think we need to try JT with Dickau to see if it helps and then periodically sub Newble and Glover. At this point, can it do any harm? Yes please let me know from Pete why we didn't sign Wicks.

Wilks was not signed for the remainder of the season

because he would have taken playing time away from

Dickau and from J.T. and Hawks didn't want that to

happen, especially to Dickau.

With Wilks at the point and J.T. at the two, we were

"Too small to compete." Size being the main focus and

not the ability of the two quick players who could really

handle the ball, make things happen on offense and be

real pests on defense.. Some people are so hung up on

size, they fail to look for results.

Also, Hawks want to play Dickau and see if he is really

the player they hoped he was when they drafted him.

Wilks would have made this harder to do because of the

quickness of Wilks.

This may or may not be what the brain thrust of the

Hawks tell us, but it is my own personal opinion. Remember,

opinions are like noses, everyone has one and they are not

all exactly alike.

about Pete not wanting to take on a guaranteed contract until after the trade deadline. I think he really wanted to make a move and that he was hoping that the move would address our weaknesses in the backcourt.

As you know, Pete has this thing about carrying more than 12 guaranteed contracts. If Pete had pulled off a trade, depending on how many guys they received back in the trade, signing Wilks for the rest of the season could have put the team in a position where they had more than 12 guaranteed contracts. An example would have been if the Hawks had been able to trade say Reef for Eddie Griffin, Cuttino Mobley and filler (Cato?). If Pete had made such a trade and had also signed Wilks for the rest of the season, we would have had too many guys with guaranteed contracts because Pete won't put healthy guys on the injured list.

I think Dickau's PT or lack thereof had ZERO bearing on the decision not to sign Wilks for the rest of the season. I think Pete realized that Wilks helped us and I think Pete is a lot more concerned with wins and losses than assessing Dickau's ability at this point. Pete might deny that now but I think if he knew for sure that he couldn't make a trade, he would have went ahead and signed Wilks for the rest of the season.