• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

If we draft Yi will our style have to change??

Wurider05

If we are to get the most out of him and maximize his talents can we still afford to play the slowdown, half court basketball that Woody likes. I am not saying that we need to change the whole team around but rather we need to be more flexible in being able to run and gun and play half court. You see how Utah was able to mix up there style when they played Golden State.

Guest Walter

Quote:

If we are to get the most out of him and maximize his talents can we still afford to play the slowdown, half court basketball that Woody likes. I am not saying that we need to change the whole team around but rather we need to be more flexible in being able to run and gun and play half court. You see how Utah was able to mix up there style when they played Golden State.

God, I hope the style of Woody has to change. It kills our chances as much as it kills me to watch it. I'm not saying with JJ or MW we're a run and gun team. Don't confuse youth with the desire and skill (respectively) to run well...but we should run more than we do.

I don't think Woody will be around after next season and regardless, I don't draft considering Woody. That may be part of what got us SW instead of Roy.

I'm not sure that's what you're implying. You may be implying that Drafting Yi would be good in that it forces Woodson to change. I don't see Woodson changing, but I think we all agree that whatever forces him to do so would be good.

W

Good point and if we had a coach that might be true. However Woody seems more focused on pushing the players into his vision of a team, than creating a system for the players he actually has. I think Yi would be wasted on the Hawks for a couple of years until we get a new coach.

• Premium Member

Our style has to change for the better. That means, we have to pick up the pace and run when we can. One thing is true in basketball... speed Kills. We are not built for the slow walk it up game in no way.

Our play should be similar to Detroit's a few years ago. Break when we can and in the halfcourt, we have shooters who can spread the floor for our slashers to work. Offensively, I think we have much better personnell than they had.

• Premium Member

That's how I envision it. Shelden playing 5 sometimes. Zaza playing 5 sometimes. Yi play PF.

However, reguardless of who we get, we can't play the walk it up style that we have played over the last three years. We have to anticipate the fast break.

Quote:

That's how I envision it. Shelden playing 5 sometimes. Zaza playing 5 sometimes. Yi play PF.

However, reguardless of who we get, we can't play the walk it up style that we have played over the last three years. We have to anticipate the fast break.

That's why we need to get a real PG.

Acie Law will push the ball!

http://cosmos.bcst.yahoo.com/up/sports?ch=...236&lang=en

JCritt will push the ball!

http://cosmos.bcst.yahoo.com/up/sports?ch=...674&lang=en