• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Debunking the myth Gasol is injury prone

Sothron

Quote:

Quote:

I don't see how you can reject Gasol based on playing no D and expect Yi to do any better.

I don't but i do expect Yi to be faster, a better permimeter shooter and over $10 million cheaper. Not to mention we don't have to trade assets to get him.

I don't think it is out of the question that Yi will be able to defend the 3, but obviously only time will tell.

Exactly. Yi+Chillz for half the money of Gasol. Gasol isn't a superstar.

• Premium Member

Those "chronic injuries" haven't kept him from playing either 82 or 79 games a season for 4 out of his last 6 seasons. He had one broken foot, a freak injury, and one season where he had a nagging foot injury. In between that was a healthy season, just like last year would have been healthy if he had not broken his foot.

Nothing in your post pointed to a degenerative condition in his left foot.

Quote:

Those "chronic injuries" haven't kept him from playing either 82 or 79 games a season for 4 out of his last 6 seasons. He had one broken foot, a freak injury, and one season where he had a nagging foot injury. In between that was a healthy season, just like last year would have been healthy if he had not broken his foot.

Nothing in your post pointed to a degenerative condition in his left foot.

Hey you say tomato I say tomato, some people look at the last 3 years some look at 4 out of 6. Some people see chronic foot problems some don't. My point is I would look at trading for the the guy still (without giving up the farm) but foot problems and back give me worry particularly when they've flared up 2 out of the last 3 years. The point is I am not a doctor (and I think may only one or two people here are) and these are boiling down to opinions.

My purpose is not to say that you are wrong, but a reaction to your headline of debunking a myth. They are two differing opinions.