• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Dan Patrick on the Hawks

gsuteke

check out 680thefan.com 's website. DP is about to talk Hawks with Andy Katz.

he's saying the Hawks are the Minnesota Vikings of the NBA. they keep passing on PGs and they may pass on Conley this year.

this should be an interesting interview.

• Premium Member

We got an ESPN radio station within the last year in Asheville. My car radio is so poor that it's one of the few stations I can get, but I still can't stand it.

Dan Patrick is worthless to me, and Andy Katz is an NCAA homer. You could easily predict what they're going to say.

I have no idea what they are going to say. nobody ever talks about Atlanta Hawks basketball.

i hate we don't have foxsports radio here anymore. it got replaced by some christian station. tony bruno's show was the best. i guess i could listen to it here but i just click on 680 for one reason or another.

i don't have a problem with DP as much as Colin Cowher. man he has become a jerk over the last month or so. he used to be funny, now he's just coming across as a butthole.

Quote:

Oh my goodness, I know. Colin Cowher has the most annoying voice too. He was talking about New York vs. Boston today. Most pointless conversation ever.

yeah. he was comparing Boston to a Victorian house. I stuck in Buffet's live at Fenway CD. I just can't listen to him when he goes off on one of those stupid tangents of his.

I used to like his show too. pillepalle.gif

i surprised the Hawks don't get more press about the 3rd pick since thats where the "rest" of the draft starts...

so does everyone and their mama want us to pick Conley at 3 if he's slated at 9-11? how come people set us up to fail? we take conley and then it was too early. we don't and we skipped a point guard again.

Colin Cowher is the worst sports radio personality on the air IMO. I can't stand his voice for one and he talks about the most POINTLESS topics i've ever heard for a sports radio show. I don't see how this guy stays on the air really.

I don't think Conley would fall that far. we'll see how it shakes out though.

also if Conley is worth the 9 pick to NOK, Utah, or PHX that doesn't necessarily mean he's not worth more than that to us. It's all relative.

If Billy Knight doesn't get us a franchise PG or a Center this offseason it will be an unmitigated disaster. period.

no projects, cornerstones.

LOL AMEN @ Gutzy.

Gosh I can't stand Buck & Kincade. Mostly Kincade.

These guys know NOTHING about NBA. They were discussing the stars of the NBA last week, and Kincade couldn't even remember the star on Orlando's name (DWIGHT HOWARD anyone?). I emailed him telling him LeBron wouldn't have to worry with his child's birth interfering with LeBron's games because this series would be a sweep (baby was due yesterday or due before originally) and he replied saying it would be a 6 game series.

Then on the day that Kobe announced he wanted to be traded (3 weeks ago), all they talked about that day was Mike Vick's Dog issues

Andy Katz...

"the hawks can go in probably one of 4 directions"

Al Horford (BPA scenario)

Yi (much more of a 3 man - Hawks renewed interest lately)

Mike Conley (Need)

B. Wright (similar to MWill pick, tantalizing)

Katz confirmed BK always "looks for the best player".

Katz doesn't think Conley is in the class of Deron, Paul.

Discussed the conundrum of having the 11, and the question of whether Law and Crittendon, Stuckey are/are not close.

Discussed Portland looking to maybe trade to get Yi at 5 or 6.

Thinks Conley will be gone by 6.

4 directions

Horford is BPA. BK said he always looks for BPA in Orlando.

Yi, who would be a 3.

their need, a PG in Mike Conley.

upside guy, Brandon Wright. could be very tantalizing for the Hawks, similair player to Marvin. same agent, same school.

Boston interesting decision.

Brewer from 5 to 8.

Atlanta and Boston have most interesting decision.

Dan: they passed up on the PGs.

Conley according to Katz, is Conley clearly better than Law or Critt. they could still get a PG at 11. if they went that route they'd pick Al Horford.

Any chance Conley goes to Portland? Oden said it's time to step away in Orlando. Portland could make a move for Yi at 5.

Conley will be in Atlanta, Milwaukee, Memphis. 3 to 6 spot.

veteran trades affecting the draft? Kobe is out there, won't get done in near future too many moving parts.

Marion deal Ainge doesn't want a ton of contracts. PHX wants to get out of Banks. GMs around the league question whether Marion is product of the system.

there will be 1, maybe 2 trades in Atlanta. Charlotte, and Atlanta two picks. Philly 3.

they will be draft day moves if made.

Conley is too fast to guard. Rick Carlisle says he is a top 5 pick. worst case he'll be paired with Redd in Milwaukee.

You can't guard him, ala Tony Parker.

Wow...Good stuff...I'm so excited to see what happens with the draft. Kinda nervous with BK. The only boneheaded move would be to take Brandan Wright (IMHO). Any other move, besides some useless trade, like trading our #3 for the #7 + scrub would be great in my eyes. Yi + Law / Conley + Hawes / Horford + PG are all fine moves for me.

the only thing that would make it a bad draft truly in my opinion is drafting bWright...if we drafted BWright, i would puke on my television screen......and if i missed the screen, i'd scoop it up with a dustpan and throw it on the screen. then see if i can mold a face of brandan wright on the tv screen using the puke..

disgusting? yes. but so would that pick be.

Quote:

Conley is too fast to guard. Rick Carlisle says he is a top 5 pick. worst case he'll be paired with Redd in Milwaukee.

You can't guard him, ala Tony Parker.

Gotta think that Carlisle knows a little about talent evaluation. If Conley is truly top 5 material, I don't see how we can pass on him.