• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Simmons: Hawks, Please Take Horford and Law

jaywalker72

Quote:

I believe he does always say he drafted the BPA, and he should. There's nothing to gain by telling your newly-drafted player, "well, you weren't the *best* player available. There are several players drafted after you who are better."

I was thinking more in the present tense as a draft strategy.

Quote:

Where ya been Dr. Zach?

My basketball season ends with the Hawks' last game. I could not possibly care less about the Spurs and the Chevrolets or whoever they played in the Finals.

Quote:

I don't get why everybody is so in love with Horford and he is starting to develop consensus #3 position. How is Jeff Green not a more proven, better prospect at SF than Horford is at PF?

Are you saying we need another SF? Are you nuts...Unless we trade down it will be Horford or Yi. I think BK wants to move this pick and take Conley; but if no one makes us a decent offer; it will be BPA Horford or Yi.

I like Horford over Yi by a wide margin. That probably means BK likes Yi...

7. Minnesota Timberwolves

Here's what I think Kevin McHale will do: Wear an ugly sweater, back out of a KG deal at the last second and take Spencer Hawes at No. 7, followed by KG snapping in mid-December after a 30-point loss to the Spurs and killing everyone in Minnesota's locker room except Ricky Davis, who will calmly sit in front of his locker watching it happen while drinking a malt 40.

Quote:

BK said he wants to give Shelden more minutes this coming season, so I'm not entirely sure Horford is the pick at #3. Probably a Gasol trade or something of that nature.

That worries me.

I think BK will stay away from Horford just so he can defend his Shelden pick.

That is a foolish mistake if he makes that decision.

He and others need to realize that landing the 3rd pick is a pleasant surprise and it more than makes up for the Shelden pick.

Im not saying Shelden is a bad player, because I've been one of his biggest defenders, but the fact of the matter is, we got screwed by the age limit and we had to settle for him.

No such thing as settling for Al Horford because he's a legit top 5 pick in a strong draft class with all-star potential.

Swallow your pride BK, and take him

Quote:

I don't get why everybody is so in love with Horford and he is starting to develop consensus #3 position. How is Jeff Green not a more proven, better prospect at SF than Horford is at PF?

You must be joking. Jeff Green is a dime a dozen player who's not even a top 3 player at his position in this draft.

Hell I'd take Derrick Byars over Jeff Green.

Al Horford on the other hand is a guy who is an absolute beast on paper. 6'10 245 with the ability to dribble and and run the floor like a SF and to elevate like one as well.

Certainly. PER as reported by espn.com? Minimum 30 games played for each guy? (in case either player has a catastrophic injury)

$20 sound good? (not to Hawksquawk, if I'm risking my money, I want the money to go to me if I win). Plus, of course, the loser must create a thread praising the winner's genius.