• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Thoughts on our potential draft pick.

KB21

We get Indiana's pick, which could eventually end up in the 17-19 range if Philly, Boston, and New Orleans catch Indiana. One and a half games separate those teams, and with the way Indiana has been playing compared to the way Philly and New Orleans have been playing, I think there is a fair chance that Indiana drops to the 6th seed in the Eastern Conference.

With that pick, do you guys think we should look at a shooting guard, or do you think we should look at getting someone that can rebound inside?

I ask this, because there is a chance that James Lang, a 6-11, 305 lbs high school center from Birmingham will be around when we pick. An immediate impact won't be there, but you have to be intrigued by the possibilities of having a monster sized center in the lane 2-3 years down the road when Theo's contract is up.

As far as guards go, a guy I'd love to get is Josh Howard from Wake Forest. I think Marquis Daniels at Auburn is very underrated as well, and he has many of the multi-faceted skills we need in a shooting guard.

Three other players I'm somewhat keen on are Troy Bell from Boston College, Marcus Hatten from St. Johns, and Hollis Price from Oklahoma. They are combo guards, but I think they could be guys who could come off the bench and give a spark much like Bobby Jackson in Sacramento.

where is that pick protected from, 18 or 16? I think it's 18. Right now they're pick is at 20 or so...people might actually want to hope they don't slip too much more or potentially, though somewhat unlikely, is their keeping the pick with it coming in at 18....

Indiana may slip, but I doubt they slip far enough to let Orlando and/or Milwaukee pass them.

Right now, Milwaukee would get the 14th pick - which would go to Seattle - and Orlando gets the 15th pick. Indiana could conceivably land the 16th pick, and we get that pick.

He's a 6-6 guard/forward. I compare him to a Desmond Mason/James Posey type of player. He's going to be able to come in and play defense right away, and he has terrific athleticism. His shot is starting to round into form. He's one of those players that was passed on by some teams in high school despite being a great athlete. Many coaches didn't know if he was going to be a great basketball player. He has really developed his game a lot during his 4 years at Wake Forest. I believe he will be a successful player because he's one of those players that isn't going to take anything for granted. Great work ethic. Great person to have on a team.

Is according to this,

http://www.nbadraft.net/draftnotes.htm

protected 1-15. Besides there's always the chance that we win a top 3 pick, and thus keep our hawks pick for ourselves (wouldn't that be sweet LBJ, Darko or Carmelo).

It's fair to say that we won't draft a PG or a PF, everything else should be game since we might trade one or the other who knows? Personally I really like James Lang with the indy pick, even though he may have some weight problems he's still quicker and far more athletic then other centers.

What about Doug Christie?Does he play alittle

like him?

Does Hayes play like Glenn Robinson?

Reading these are the guys I'd like to see drafted:

luke ridnour

Josh Howard

Reece Gaines

alexsandar pavlovic

What about that dude Bonner for the second round?

Maybe he's the next Pat Garrity?

I haven't seen any of these guys play, I'm just going

by what I read.