• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

measurements for Yi.

oiatlhawksfan

Guest Walter

Quote:

7' 1" in shoes, 7' 4.25" wingspan, 248 lbs. 38" vertical.

this was on a Chad Ford article.

The guy is physically impressive. No doubt. Not as strong as Horford but we have SW. Certainly otherwise more physically impressive.

W

Wow 38 inch vertical for a 7 footer is amazing!!Even if he is weaker than other big guys in the paint his vertical should help him out. He is also heavier than we thought at 248lbs. He can easily put on some weight with training. He could come into camp at 255lbs. He will need the few extra pounds also because of the long NBA season.

Quote:

Wow 38 inch vertical for a 7 footer is amazing!!Even if he is weaker than other big guys in the paint his vertical should help him out. He is also heavier than we thought at 248lbs. He can easily put on some weight with training. He could come into camp at 255lbs. He will need the few extra pounds also because of the long NBA season.

I don't think weight matters that much. What matter is the strength to play the 5. eg: Ben Wallace

SI has Yi listed at 248 with a 7'5 wingspan, 33 inch standing vert, and 37 inch max vert with 3.5% body fat.

If these numbers are actually confirmed by the eyes of real NBA scouts and not just claimed numbers by the agent of Yi, then that is ridiculous.

It means depending on Yi's reach and speed, he could potentially be a nastier athlete than GREG ODEN.

At that point I would say screw taking the more NBA ready guy, and say we have no choice but to take Yi.

I still don't think he could play C next year but my goodness someone that ridiculous on paper, it's worth the wait