• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Sonics Offer Ridnour to Hawks for #11

GHook

http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives..._for_11th_pick/

"The Sonics are eager to begin the restructuring of their roster and have offered the Atlanta Hawks point guard Luke Ridnour for the No. 11 pick in Thursday's NBA draft, according to three NBA sources.

The Hawks have long coveted Ridnour and he could be the point guard they have sought for years. Atlanta passed on New Orleans' Chris Paul and Utah's Deron Williams in the 2005 draft in favor of Bremerton's Marvin Williams.

Atlanta also has another deal on the table from a third team for a point guard and is mulling that offer. If the Hawks accept Seattle's offer, the Sonics would own two of the first 11 picks and four of the first 35 and almost certainly would deal the No. 31 and 35 picks for perhaps another first-rounder or future picks.

With the 11th pick, the Sonics could nab a point guard prospect such as Texas A&M's Acie Law, who worked out for the club earlier this month, or Georgia Tech's Javaris Crittenton, a freshman who would probably need a few years of seasoning before taking over the starting position. [READ]"

Personally I like this deal fairly well, although I'd want the Sonics to sweeten the pot a bit - maybe by including someone like Saer Sene, or at least by adding their second-round pick.

At any rate, here's the way I see it:

The good thing about Ridnour is that he's a pure PG, a great passer, he can push the pace, he's a solid 3-point shooter and a great freethrow shooter. Hollinger's "pure PG ratio" has him ranked as 7th in the league, behind only Nash, Kidd, CP, Billups, Baron, and Brevin.

The bad thing is that he's not that good a defender - although Hollinger did say he was the least putrid of Seattle's all-offense, no-defense backcourt - and he doesn't play a ton of minutes and seems to get banged up fairly easily (although historically he hasn't actually missed very many games).

Basically, Ridnour would make the Hawks a lot more fun to watch. The Sonics have been a great offensive team since he's been there - in 2005-2006 they actually had the second best offense in the entire league. In fact, Horford plus Ridnour could make us like an Eastern Conference "lite" version of the Suns, which should make us a lock for the playoffs.

G: Luke Ridnour / Speedy Claxton

G: Joe Johnson / Josh Childress

F: Marvin Williams / Josh Childress

F: Josh Smith / Shelden Williams

F: Al Horford / Zaza Pachulia

Not a bad team. We'd finally have a young but experienced PG who can pass, run and shoot. We'd finally have athleticism, shotblocking, and rebounding at both big man spots. And we'd finally have players at every single position who could run like mad and finish in transition.

The more I think about this, the more I like it. I think he'd helps us win games - plus he'd make the Hawks a lot more fun to watch.

BK is a [censored] idiot if he does this deal, not that we didn't already know. He's 27 years old and been in the league 4 years, and is still only averaging 11 and 5, while shooting HORRIBLE percentages and still only a 23% 3pt shooter. He's also a horrible defender.

God I hate the fact that BK has so many options, he's in over his head, I know he's going to screw this up.

EDIT: He's also going to make 6.5 million a year! BK OMFG NO.

Cap I have been agreeing with you alot lately. Jack is just a better fit here. He is physical, tough, a decent passer, and a good defender. If you compare their stats, Jack actually gets to the line more often where he is a very good free throw shooter. I also like the fact that he is currently cheaper than Ridnour. If we were going to play a Suns type tempo then Ridnour might be the better pick but everyone here knows that is not going to happen with Woody as coach.

yea, Luke would be good for us. He can create, and he can score on his own when he needs to. I;ve always liked him. Plus he's got one of those great names to yell where it sounds like your booing. I can hear it in Phillips now as he drains a three....LuuuuuUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUKE!!!!

He's exactly what we need. he's young. he's experienced. He is READY!!! haha.

and it doesnt cost us chills or marvin, who need to stay in the ATOWN people!

I think Joe,Josh,Marvin,and Chills are vital to our long-term success. and in that order. they all need to stay

Go Hawks!!

Quote:

yea, Luke would be good for us. He can create, and he can score on his own when he needs to. I;ve always liked him. Plus he's got one of those great names to yell where it sounds like your booing. I can hear it in Phillips now as he drains a three....LuuuuuUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUKE!!!!

I think Joe,Josh,Marvin,and Chills are vital to our long-term success. and in that order. they all need to stay

Go Hawks!!

You are delusional. russian.gif

Quote:

I just like the sound of Jarret Jack better.

I have watched Ridour and he is a decent pg. His shot is inconsistent but when falling its falling. The main issue I have with him is his D. It is terrible.

Ridnour's D is pretty bad. His shot is also inconsistent, although his career 3-point shooting percentage isn't terrible and he's a great freethrow shooter. But the one thing he really knows how to do is run and pass - and the Hawks could really use that.

Ridnour is not Nash - especially because Nash is a far more dangerous shooter and scorer than Ridnour, which makes Nash all the more effecitve as a passer - but Ridnour does have a bit of that same kind of game. He can throw some really slick passes and some incredible alley-oops, he's an effective ballhandler despite not being the most athletic PG in the NBA, and yeah...his defense is also Nash-esque unfortunately.

But even if Ridnour is no Nash, I'm still intrigued by this idea just from a purely aesthetic viewpoint, because beautiful offensive basketball is something that hasen't been seen around here in far too long. And the Sonics have consistently been one of the very best offensive teams in the NBA over the last few years, including the second best team overall only one season ago.

Quote:

Quote:

Go Hawks!!

You are delusional. russian.gif

uglyhammer.gif

Quote:

He's 27 years old and been in the league 4 years, and is still only averaging 11 and 5, while shooting HORRIBLE percentages and still only a 23% 3pt shooter. He's also a horrible defender.

A 23% 3-point shooter? He's shooting .341% for his career from the 3-point line, and he shot .353% from there last season. He's never shot 23% once in his entire career. He's also an 85% freethrow shooter, by the way, with a fairly high true shooting percentage.