• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Sonics Offer Ridnour to Hawks for #11

GHook

Quote:

Quote:

I just like the sound of Jarret Jack better.

I have watched Ridour and he is a decent pg. His shot is inconsistent but when falling its falling. The main issue I have with him is his D. It is terrible.

Ridnour's D is pretty bad. His shot is also inconsistent, although his career 3-point shooting percentage isn't terrible and he's a great freethrow shooter. But the one thing he really knows how to do is run and pass - and the Hawks could really use that.

Ridnour is not Nash - especially because Nash is a far more dangerous shooter and scorer than Ridnour, which makes Nash all the more effecitve as a passer - but Ridnour does have a bit of that same kind of game. He can throw some really slick passes and some incredible alley-oops, he's an effective ballhandler despite not being the most athletic PG in the NBA, and yeah...his defense is also Nash-esque unfortunately.

But even if Ridnour is no Nash, I'm still intrigued by this idea just from a purely aesthetic viewpoint, because beautiful offensive basketball is something that hasen't been seen around here in far too long. And the Sonics have consistently been one of the very best offensive teams in the NBA over the last few years, including the second best team overall only one season ago.

He's horrible on defense, and he's an 11 and 5 player after his 4th year. He's 26 years old and no longer improving, and will make 6.5 million for the next 3 years. Horrible move.

He's nowhere near as good a defender as Nash (and Nash is bad), and he's smaller. He's also not a good shooter. BK is an absolute retard if he makes this trade.

SO the Sonics want to trade Ridnour for the #11 and take Law? If so, why? Why shouldn't we just take Law ourselves? We must have the "STUPID" sign on our back.

Heard Billy is happy this week, he took an IQ test and the results came back negative. spin.gif

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

I just like the sound of Jarret Jack better.

I have watched Ridour and he is a decent pg. His shot is inconsistent but when falling its falling. The main issue I have with him is his D. It is terrible.

Ridnour's D is pretty bad. His shot is also inconsistent, although his career 3-point shooting percentage isn't terrible and he's a great freethrow shooter. But the one thing he really knows how to do is run and pass - and the Hawks could really use that.

Ridnour is not Nash - especially because Nash is a far more dangerous shooter and scorer than Ridnour, which makes Nash all the more effecitve as a passer - but Ridnour does have a bit of that same kind of game. He can throw some really slick passes and some incredible alley-oops, he's an effective ballhandler despite not being the most athletic PG in the NBA, and yeah...his defense is also Nash-esque unfortunately.

But even if Ridnour is no Nash, I'm still intrigued by this idea just from a purely aesthetic viewpoint, because beautiful offensive basketball is something that hasen't been seen around here in far too long. And the Sonics have consistently been one of the very best offensive teams in the NBA over the last few years, including the second best team overall only one season ago.

He's horrible on defense, and he's an 11 and 5 player after his 4th year. He's 26 years old and no longer improving, and will make 6.5 million for the next 3 years. Horrible move.

He's nowhere near as good a defender as Nash (and Nash is bad), and he's smaller. He's also not a good shooter. BK is an absolute retard if he makes this trade.

In 2005-2006, when Ridnour played 33 mpg (instead of 29 mpg like he did last season), he averaged 7 assists and the Sonics had the second best offense in the league.

You really think they would have done just as well with Acie Law or Javaris Crittenton running that offense?

And Ridnour has only played four seasons in the NBA. You really think he can't improve? Want to know what Nash averaged in his fourth season? Ready? 8 ppg and 5 apg in nearly the same amount of minutes.

Quote:

In 2005-2006, when Ridnour played 33 mpg (instead of 29 mpg like he did last season), he averaged 7 assists

This was 06-07, he was benched for a reason. Do you consider AK47 as valuable as he was last year? Didn't think so.

Quote:

And Ridnour has only played four seasons in the NBA. You really think he can't improve? Want to know what Nash averaged in his fourth season?

Just wow, a Nash type of breakout is a once in a decade type of thing, it just doesn't happen except for extremely rare cases.

Quote:

You really think they would have done just as well with Acie Law or Javaris Crittenton running that offense?

Exactly how well did they do? They went 35-47, Mo Williams put up better stats on the Bucks. Bad defense killed that team and Ridnour was a big part of it. I guess you'd rather pay Ridnour 6.5 million instead of Law/Critt 2 million for the same production and better defense. We'd than have about 18 million committed to PGs, none of them worth it.

Quote:

Quote:

In 2005-2006, when Ridnour played 33 mpg (instead of 29 mpg like he did last season), he averaged 7 assists

This was 06-07, he was benched for a reason. Do you consider AK47 as valuable as he was last year? Didn't think so.

Quote:

And Ridnour has only played four seasons in the NBA. You really think he can't improve? Want to know what Nash averaged in his fourth season?

Just wow, a Nash type of breakout is a once in a decade type of thing, it just doesn't happen except for extremely rare cases.

Quote:

Exactly how well did they do? They went 35-47, Mo Williams put up better stats on the Bucks. Bad defense killed that team and Ridnour was a big part of it. I guess you'd rather pay Ridnour 6.5 million instead of Law/Critt 2 million for the same production and better defense. We'd than have about 18 million committed to PGs, none of them worth it.

I'm just not thrilled with Acie Law or Javaris Crittenton. I think both guys have some upside, but neither guy is ready to run a young Hawks team that has been so ugly on offense for so long.

I mean, if Conely fell to 11 that would be perfect. If we could trade the 11 pick for Jack that would be pretty good too. But if we can't do either of those two things, I'd rather watch Ridnour run our offense than Law or Critt.

Ridnour has his flaws, but he throws some incredible passes - at the very least his teams are fun to watch. And while you're right that the Nash-thing almost never happens, if there's one player who reminds me of a pre-breakout Nash it's Ridnour.

I'm down with Ridnour but I'd like to either a- get one of their 30something picks or b-give them speedy..

besides all that vdunk said, if ridnour came here he would understand that this is his last chance to run a team. i think he would step up to that challenge.

but again, i'd still need to get somethign else out of it...just because i like Law.

Why would we do this? The Sonics know Ridnour better than us and they want to make this trade and take Law -- why would they do that unless Law is a better choice? What do they know about Ridnour that we don't? This just sounds stupid to me. And how is this any different than our picking up Speedy? Let's drop this nonsense and make our own pick.

• Moderators

Quote:

Quote:

Personally I like this deal fairly well, although I'd want the Sonics to sweeten the pot a bit - maybe by including someone like Saer Sene

LOL - so you want them to "sweeten the pot" with a a #10 pick from last year and a starting PG for the #11 pick?

Tell you what, I will trade the Bucks the #5 pick from last year and sweeten the pot with a starting PG named Speedy and ask only for the #6 pick from Milwaukee. Deal?

Just illustrating that the value of a pick changes over time (and Sene's value has dropped) and that a borderline starting PG (like Ridnour who did not start for Seattle the second half of last season based on performance) may not carry tremendous value.

Quote:

Basically its the Speedy Claxton deal all over again...except Speedy is better.

I see Speedy as being pretty much the polar-opposite of Ridnour... can't shoot to save his life, but is one of the best defensive PG's in the NBA. Now if you could find some way to combine the two, then you'd have yourself a player. But as is, Ridnour's defense is *so* bad as to make this trade entirely not worth it in my opinion- plus I think he's making $6+ million per season. So if we were to add him, exactly how much would we be paying all our backup, journeymen quality PG's? I'd estimate close to 20 million per year. At any rate, it's WAY too much.

I'd much rather hold onto #11 and see which PG's are available at that slot, or just trade for Jarrett Jack. He's at least a starter quality point guard.