• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Rumors flying for #11 pick

txsting

I'm worried about these because I don't like either and they would seem to really hurt our chances at the BIG deals. These might be backup deals, who knows?

From ESPN rumors:

Quote:

Ellis Almost Traded

Jun 27 - The Warriors seriously considered giving up second-year guard Monta Ellis in order to move up in Thursday's NBA draft, the Contra Costa Times has learned. But the Warriors never pulled the trigger.

According to a league source, the Warriors had a deal on the table that would send Ellis to the Atlanta Hawks in exchange for the No. 11 overall pick. The move-up in the draft presumably would have been a first step toward getting one of the most promising players in the draft, Chinese forward Yi Jianlian.-- Contra Costa Times

AND THIS:

Quote:

Ridnour For No. 11?

Jun 27 - The Sonics are eager to begin the restructuring of their roster and have offered the Atlanta Hawks point guard Luke Ridnour for the No. 11 pick in Thursday's NBA draft, and the trade could be consummated Wednesday, according to three NBA sources. -- Seattle Post-Intelligencer

# There is still a lot of talk about the Hawks' trading No. 11 if Mike Conley isn't on the board. While we've heard Jarrett Jack in the past, it appears the Hawks have their eye on Seattle's Luke Ridnour. -- Chad Ford Blog

# Atlanta reportedly sought Ridnour's services over the All-Star break. Ridnour's agent, Lon Babby, is close with one of the Hawks' owners and might have tried to facilitate a trade. -- Tacoma News Tribune

I wouldn't mind Monta Ellis one single bit, but he's not really a true point in my opinion. To me, he's basically a replicant of Salim Stoudamire....the player we selected nine picks higher than Ellis in the 2005 draft.

Monta no doubt has some serious skills though....

Quote:

If we can pull out an Amare deal, I'd love to grab Ridnour and Horford. That would still be fairly exciting to me. Please no Yi!!!!!

I said "can," but I meant if we "can't" pull out the Amare deal, then I wouldn't mind a Ridnour/Horford combo.

I really don't want Ridnour and Yi, though. I think that would basically give us slightly better offense, but would leave us with terrible defense and a bigger logjam at forward than ever.

I'm afraid if we do take Yi it won't be for basketball reasons necessarily.