• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

What Are Our Options?

djcorley

Well, Josh Childress is probably a best trading chip at this point that we may be willing to give up in a trade. I hate to see it, because I think Josh is an excellent 6th man for this team that can spell Marvin at small forward and Joe at shooting guard during the course of the game. Teams are going to be looking to get him before he hits his big pay day though, because he's very underrated by Hawks fans overall.

A deal with Portland is possible, as I know the Hawks are interested in Jarrett Jack. Straight up though, Jarrett Jack is not enough for Josh Childress. Portland has to throw in either Martell Webster or Travis Outlaw into the deal.

Zaza Pachulia is the next trading chip, IMO. He's become expendable with Al Horford and Shelden Williams at the center spot.

This came off of the Realgm board from Sonics:

well, I have a source close to the situation... wishes to remain very anonymous. everyones a little edgy with Bennett being so paranoid (check out the Locke got canned thread for further explanation on this)

anyways, this source has said that Luke has been told to be prepared for a trade. now its obviously not a sure thing, but if they are telling Luke this, somethings up.

anyways I know its sketchy from your perspective, but I wouldn't post anything on this board I didn't have faith in myself.... so take that for what its worth.

I will say this is an actual, close, good source. no doorman or elevator operator or receptionist.

Given there has been talk about us aquiring him for months you gotta wonder if he's headed to ATL. The question would be for whom? Talk on that board is they need a shoot guard and either Chill or Law could fit that bill. That would be a tough choice to make.

The problem with trading Childress is that he's really the only solid back-up at the 2 and 3. Salim is listed as a two and while he may have the offensive game of a two, he's not going to be able to defend many of them.

Smith can play the 3 some so he does provide some depth there. I just can't see us trading Childress without getting another 2/3 in return. I really wish we could sign at least one UFA because there's a few out there that I feel could be had pretty cheap. MoPete, Udoka and DeShawn Stevenson will likely all go for the MLE or less. Any of them could provide badly needed depth at the 2/3.

Darko Milicic at Center.

We can flat out sign him has RFA or dangle Sheldon and Speedy for a sign and trade. Darko doesn't give 100% every night but Horford sure does. They would be a great compliment in the post. Darko is silk on the block - a younger, cheaper, and less injury prone Pau.

Mike Bibby at PG

Josh Childress, Speedy Claxton, and Lo Wright could get Bibby in here. I like this move becuase it is exactly what the hawks need - stability at the point. Picture Sam Cassell with the Clips or Andre Miller with Philadephia. You have to wonder where Mike's head is at with that lunatice Ron Artest on the roster and bringing in a 19 year old project for a Center.

Andrew Bynum at C

Who knows what is going on in LA but if Kobe wants to win now then T-Lue and Josh Childress are the ones who can do that for him. Lue knows the triangle and can compliment Kobe well when he is double-teamed and left open for a J. Josh can run with Kobe and is a considerable upgrade from Walton.