• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

For those who think we're playoff ready NOW

gsuteke

Quote:

Quote:

I think the Hawks CAN compete this year. I just don't know if they can win, or atleast win to the point of being a .500 club.

the Hawks led the league in double digit losses last year guys with over 30. that's pathetic when you back out the 30 games they won.

I think this is a bigger project than we are letting on and it's compounded by the fact BK didn't land a legit Center this year and we don't have the capspace or draft pick next year to get one.

whether he addressed the PG need is debateable.

What's not debateable is how pessimistic our fanbase was.

Over 30 double digit loss games?

How about the fact we only played a handful of games fully healthy?

Draft pick next year won't be in the lottery

come on man. we have the same agenda. we both want the Hawks to win. do you really think they can pass any of the teams in the top 8?

I agree that the 8th seed is a stretch... not only will the hawks have to play better, but there will probably have to be injuries for a few teams

But:

Indiana is in my mind pretty close to done... they really don't have capspace to sign anyone other than with the MLE which will net them someone like kareem rush, steve blake etc (marginal starters)

I see Charlotte being a ray felton injury away from the worst team in the league... Jason Richardson's recent injury history should be a little concerning too...

NY got some strong talent with randolph no doubt, but add me to the list of ppl that wonder how he and curry will co-exist...

Philly: just not impressed..true I avoided watching them like I would avoid a promised case of chlamydia, but I have seen first hand mo cheeks coaching skills...

Quote:

come on man. we have the same agenda. we both want the Hawks to win. do you really think they can pass any of the teams in the top 8?

Obviously any of us on Hawksquawk are the most diehard Hawks fans.

Im just saying some of us are more pessimistic than others.

I think it's pessimistic to suggest with the pieces we just added that making the playoffs isn't feasible is this joke of a conference.

Chicago

Cleveland

Detroit

Washington

Toronto

Those are the only lead pipe locks IMO

NJ barely slid in last year and they aren't any younger

Speaking of lacking youth, the Heat are one of the oldest teams in the league. No wonder Wade tried to come back from injury.

Orlando has one player.

Boston doesn't have a future any more brighter than our own next year.

I just don't see 8 teams that are guaranteed to be better than us.

First of all, that's far too hard to predict. Hell even the teams I have as locks may not make it

Detroit may fall apart if they lose Billups and Toronto could have been one hit wonders who will struggle with a more competitive division this year

The key is the health of the Hawks. We're good enough

to be in there.

One thing said in opening post - Hawks will regret passing

on Conley @ #3. More motivation to our pick @ 11.

Who won the Bob Cousey award? Was it Conley? Nope.

Then, who was it? Some kid named Acie Law IV. Where

did he go in the draft? Oh, you mean the #11 pick

that went to Atlanta?

I would have regretted not getting Law, which we would

have missed if we had taken Conley. Conley has immediate

all star written all over him (By the media) and we

missed him. We'll see.

We have only two major worries with this team, if we go

into the season with no changes. Health and coaching.

That's it. We ain't great, not yet - We're not as bad

as some believe either.

Look at all the problems mentioned here that all the

teams have. They're not perfect. They have to play

each other. They don't just beat up on the Hawks all

the time. Atlanta will win their share this year!!

Optimistic?? YES!!!!

bannana_guitar.gif

There's no such thing as a lock. Wasn't Miami a lock going into last season? If Lebron goes down with any sort of major injury, Cleveland is cooked. There's a lot of randomness in the NBA, hence a lot of oppurtunity.

I made a similar argument on the night of the draft. We aren't noticbly better than any team in the EC. Mil has to be considered better because they were a playoff team prior to last year's injuries.

That being said the east is so weak that we are one star player way from leapfrogging everyone, but this ownership group doesn't have the nuts or intelligence to pull off such a move.

I think we'll definitly be in the running! We have something, no other EC teams has at our level...DEPTH! For most of those teams, one injury they're out, for us, if Smoove gets injured, Horford, or Shelden replaces him, if JJ gets injred, Childress replaces him, if Speedy gets injured Law replaces him. We are loaded with talent and depth, top to bottom.

• Premium Member

Quote:

Where the F is that coming from? Every source that is reputable has said he will come back. More Diesel BS.

Maybe you should read before you write...

Quote:

s other NBA free agents such as Vince Carter and Jason Kapono came to quick agreements, the courtship of point guard Chauncey Billups got off to a slower start when the negotiation period began Sunday.

By Sunday evening, despite a lack of other suitors, the Pistons weren't close to finalizing a deal with their star point guard, who is an unrestricted free agent.

Advertisement

According to ESPN.com, the Milwaukee Bucks, the only team with enough salary cap space that expressed interest in signing a point guard, made no early move to talk with Billups. Instead, the Bucks chose to focus on re-signing their own point guard, Maurice Williams.

The Journal Times (Racine, Wis.) also reported the Bucks had offered Williams a deal worth about $40 million for five years. The same paper reported that the Pistons' initial offer for Billups stood at four years, $52 million, an average of $13 million per season.

But a person with knowledge of the negotiations wouldn't confirm that report, saying the numbers are fluctuating and the sides haven't settled on a four- or five-year contract.

The Toronto Raptors fell out of the running for free-agent small forward Grant Hill after they signed Kapono, the Miami Heat's swingman. That leaves the Pistons, who have a full mid-level exception of nearly $6 million to work with, and the Phoenix Suns, who can offer only the veteran's minimum of $1.2 million.

Still, nothing will happen until Billups first agrees to return, as Hill will undoubtedly look elsewhere if the Pistons lose their former NBA Finals MVP.

Pistons president Joe Dumars, Billups, and his agent Andy Miller did not return calls or e-mail requests for comment.

Detroit is just hoping that Milwaukee and Charlotte not contact Billups, but history suggests that when negotiations like these take too long, the free agent sometimes make other plans.

Quote:

Diesel come on. Plus you failed to mention Cleveland, Chicago, and Washington. This is a far from "playoff lock" type team.

Again, you need to read before you write... This is my take on "who we will pass"... had you read the title, maybe you would have known that?