• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Bucks fans on Yi

gsuteke

Quote:

So long as Yi sits out and does not have a professional contract with any other team, the Bucks will lose his rights next year.

I do know most of the CBA though, strange rule, more exact

Quote:

42. What if the team and player can't agree to a contract? What options does the player have? How long does the team keep his draft rights?

The player's options are limited. What happens depends on a number of factors:

* If the player is already under contract to, or signs a contract with a non-NBA team, the team retains the player's draft rights for one year after the player's obligation to the non-NBA team ends. Essentially, the clock stops as long as the player plays pro ball outside the NBA. Players are not included in the team's team salary while the player is under contract with a non-NBA team.

* If the player was still eligible to play in college before he was drafted, the team retains the player's draft rights until the draft the player would have entered had he not left college early. For example, if a team drafts a college sophomore in 2005, they retain his draft rights until the date of the 2007 draft. Note that the current NCAA rules state that players lose their NCAA eligibility if they are drafted, so the player could not return or go on to play college ball.

* For all other players, the team retains the player's draft rights until the date of the next draft.

In any of the above cases, if the team does not sign the player in the allotted time, the player can enter the next draft. If the team that selects the player in the next draft doesn't sign him either, he becomes a rookie free agent.

When a team signs a first round draft pick in a year other than the year in which he was drafted, the player is signed using the salary scale for the year in which he is signed, not the year in which he was drafted. An exception to this is for players drafted prior to 2005, under the previous CBA. These players may be signed according to the rules for scale contracts set forth in the previous CBA, including three guaranteed years plus one option year, at the scale salary for the year in which the player was drafted.

http://members.cox.net/lmcoon/salarycap.htm#42

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:

vitamins!

People have been taking note of everything I have said about Marvin since I said he was a wasted pick and we should pick Deron or Paul...

They have taken note... In fact, I told them to...

When I said Paul would be Rookie of the Year and Deron would be as good as Kidd, they were taking notes.

When I said Marvin was the second coming of Tim Thomas they were taking notes.

You know what?

We got a whole lot of Note takers who are just hoping, praying, everyday... "Please Lord, make Marvin do something so that we can prove Diesel Wrong. Please Lord, Let Marvin be more aggressive in year Three. Please Lord, Let Marvin do something so that we won't have to hear about the hype machine and the excuse machine. Please Lord, let Marvin do something so we can stop hearing it from Diesel and Walter. Lord, I thought that Marvin was supposed to be the player with the highest upside in the draft. Please Lord Please Lord Please..."

And the Lord has turned his back and said " I can't believe the Hawks picked this sorry joker!"..
uglyhammer.gif

he is the next Saer Sene. mark the thread.

Quote:

Quote:

vitamins!

People have been taking note of everything I have said about Marvin since I said he was a wasted pick and we should pick Deron or Paul...

They have taken note... In fact, I told them to...

When I said Paul would be Rookie of the Year and Deron would be as good as Kidd, they were taking notes.

When I said Marvin was the second coming of Tim Thomas they were taking notes.

You know what?

We got a whole lot of Note takers who are just hoping, praying, everyday... "Please Lord, make Marvin do something so that we can prove Diesel Wrong. Please Lord, Let Marvin be more aggressive in year Three. Please Lord, Let Marvin do something so that we won't have to hear about the hype machine and the excuse machine. Please Lord, let Marvin do something so we can stop hearing it from Diesel and Walter. Lord, I thought that Marvin was supposed to be the player with the highest upside in the draft. Please Lord Please Lord Please..."

And the Lord has turned his back and said " I can't believe the Hawks picked this sorry joker!"..
uglyhammer.gif

he is the next Saer Sene. mark the thread.

Or maybe he's the next Roko Ukic?

• Moderators

Before jumping too far down Yi's throat, remember how bad Dirk looked his rookie year in the NBA. He would have been killed today on message boards. Turned out alright, though.

Yi is a project and if people on this board believe we needed another project then I will question their basketball IQ. We needed guys who more ready. Yi has no position on the front line that he can defend.

Yeah, sounds great. When Pops Mensa Bonsu lights your ass up you suck. Yi wasnt nearly the best player on his own lousy team.

BK finally did not take the lousy choice. Conley was right but at least we dont get another 3 year project, Skita's twin sister.

Guest Walter

Quote:

We needed guys who more ready.
Quote:

Like SW. You guys have learned nothing. Consider your basketball IQ questioned and unanswered for. You can't claim "readiness" as a defense of the Horford pick when 1) he is a whopping 13/9 player as a junior, 2) SW was MORE "NBA-ready".