• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Props to Gwinnett's own Louis Williams

coachx

Just want to give Louis Williams some props.

They played the Lakers. He was matched up vs. Critt/ Famar alot.

Anyway, Louis Williams scored 29 points, 5 rebounds, 5 assist in a close win.

Way to go for the local boy !

Quote:

I'm a big fan, hopefully he can get it going this year. His main problem has been his strength, he's just so weak. I'm just not sure he can be a good PG unless he becomes a scoring PG.

He and Mike Mercer entertained me, many a Friday night, when they played for South Gwinnett HS.

Still wish Williams would have honored his UGA scholorship. The 2 (he & Mercer)would be killer at UGA righ now.

Plus we could have seen him play vs. Critt 9 months ago.

Louis Williams has the game of Acie Law with the atheleticsm of Nate Robinson. The guys potential is limitless.

Quote:

FWIW, my sources in Athens says Mercer is behind schedule in his knee rehab and they are preparing to play this season without him.

Man I hate that.

Mercer is realy the only guy UGA has that can creat his own shot. He is also the only guy on the team with better then good / close to great atheletic ability.

Channing Toney (from Brookwood) sure would come in handy now. I guess he transfered b/c his minutes were taken away. Plenty of wing minutes to go around now. Oh well.

Humphries (from Dacula) can shoot the lights out but can't creat his own offense like Toney or Mercer can.

What I love about UGA basketball is all the guys on the team who come from 25 miles of my house. I saw them grow up and play in HS. Makes it alot more fun to follow.

it was VERY fun playing against Louis in high school during the AAU times. He was on the "Georgia Stars"....WOW, they were good.

It was scary seeing him go up for alley-oops, at the PG position!

Quote:

Quote:

FWIW, my sources in Athens says Mercer is behind schedule in his knee rehab and they are preparing to play this season without him.

What I love about UGA basketball is all the guys on the team who come from 25 miles of my house. I saw them grow up and play in HS. Makes it alot more fun to follow.

Where'd you go to school, coachx? I was in the Collins Hill class of 2005, so I graduated at the same time as most of these guys.

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Where'd you go to school, coachx? I was in the Collins Hill class of 2005, so I graduated at the same time as most of these guys.

I graduated in 1995 form Clarke Central HS in Athens but now live in Gwinnett.

My cousin was a 4 year starter at SG for North Gwinnett. He graduated in 2005. So I followed him a lot but many times missed his game in favor of maybe a Brookwood vs. South Gwinnett matchup. (Tony vs. Mercer & Williams) .