• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Who wanted us to draft Yi at 3?

DavidSomerset

• Premium Member

Like I tell you every year... SL is totally meaningless... It's more about a bunch of could bes trying to make a team playing along with guys who need to get into better shape.

Yi scores 23 one day, 20 one day, 0 one day... SO What. None of it means very much.

However, if you're going to dissect everything that he does... Hold the same standard to Horford.

• Premium Member

Yes.

I don't want Horford to be a flop. I think his best value to us is as a PF.

What you see in my postings are that I'm disgusted with Bad picks and more disgusted with Hawks fans trying to justify bad picks with mistruths!

It's really not even about Horford.

Quote:

Yes.

I don't want Horford to be a flop. I think his best value to us is as a PF.

What you see in my postings are that I'm disgusted with Bad picks and more disgusted with Hawks fans trying to justify bad picks with mistruths!

It's really not even about Horford.

You are the one who is distorting the truths.

FACT: There is no draft report on Al Horford that suggests he has any physical limitations that will prevent him from being great

FACT: There are SEVERAL physical limitations listed in Shelden Williams game that will prevent him from being great in the league

FACT: Despite these physical limitations actually being physical strengths for Horford, you continue to pretend that Horford isn't a better NBA prospect than Shelden Williams

Guest Walter

Quote:

I supported drafting Yi. Less for his on court impact and more for the economic impact. When his team gains about $50-75M in incremental revenue during his rookie contract (from sponsorships, advertising, co-ops, etc)...

...of the Cleveland franchise itself from I believe $140 million to over $300 ($330) million I believe.

Yi would have the same effect. The value of the franchise itself would go up TREMENDOUSLY. That could solve alot of current ownership problems.

W

• Premium Member

Quote:

FACT: There is no draft report on Al Horford that suggests he has any physical limitations that will prevent him from being great

The truth is that you can say this about ANY player in the draft. It's called CYA.

Quote:

FACT: There are SEVERAL physical limitations listed in Shelden Williams game that will prevent him from being great in the league

Shelden doesn't have to be great. He's already a Hawk. Horford WON'T be great Either. In fact, Smoove = PF... Shelden = C... where does Horford play. Shelden doesn't have to be great, he's already proven servicable at C (Rookie of the Month April, Led all rookies in rebounds, double double type player when not injured.).

Quote:

Despite these physical limitations actually being physical strengths for Horford, you continue to pretend that Horford isn't a better NBA prospect than Shelden Williams

IF this were Measurements... maybe Horford would have a case... i mean, he runs fast and he jumps high so on Measurements he would do well. However, He does offense nor defense in a spectacular fashion. He's just an average guy both offensively and defensively. I would say below average defensively.

The only way a guy drives the value of a franchise up is if he is a true superstar. Thats it.

Yi is miles from there, he isn't even close to yao ming. Yao has not driven up the Rockets value and Yi wont drive up the Bucks or wherever he plays. He isn't that good. he may be a Toni Kukoc type at some point but thats all.

How high did Kukoc drive his franchises value?

Walt, you get kookier and more off the wall every day. Take a vaction, do something else until you get a modicum of sanity back. Yi would sell jerseys to the Chinese. Big damn deal.

Quote:

I wanted Horford before the draft, but I have no "agenda" to prove myself "correct." If he performs badly, then no excuses here. Hopefully you can be the same way about Yi (but I don't see that as likely).

I wanted Horford, Conley, Law. Those were my favorite three. We got two out of three; I am happy as hell with this draft.

My agenda is I want our team to get into the damn playoffs. If we do that, good. If not, we are a bust. If we would have taken Yi and still got Conley or Law, it would not have bothered me as badly as the Shelden pick did. But if we would have missed on Law and Conley at 11 and picked Yi, I would have been sick to my stomach again just like last year.

I like Holford better than Yi; but I understand how some would want the (potential) next Dirk instead. I just think with Marvin and Smoove; we have enough invested in potential, especially at the forward position; and Holford is a sure NBA starter with plenty of upside. Much more a sure thing in my opinion than Shelden and Chilz are ...

We needed Holford and Law; I just hope my opinion of them is right. Not for me from a ego standpoint, but for my team from a playoff standpoint. I also hope I am dead wrong about Shelden.

All our picks turn out great; that is a great thing as far as I am concerned...

Quote:

The only way a guy drives the value of a franchise up is if he is a true superstar. Thats it.

Yi is miles from there, he isn't even close to yao ming. Yao has not driven up the Rockets value and Yi wont drive up the Bucks or wherever he plays. He isn't that good. he may be a Toni Kukoc type at some point but thats all.

How high did Kukoc drive his franchises value?

Walt, you get kookier and more off the wall every day. Take a vaction, do something else until you get a modicum of sanity back. Yi would sell jerseys to the Chinese. Big damn deal.

a deer!

who gives a crap from a fan's perspective WTF Chinese people think??????

YOU PLAY TO WIN THE FRIGGIN GAMES MORONS!!!!!!

Quote:

he may be a Toni Kukoc type at some point but thats all.

He was a supreme player. He was one of the smartest players I've ever seen. He also has very bad feet. I suffer from the same problem. Sometimes after I've played a lot, my feet are brittle. They feel like glass.

Yi will never aproach Toni as a player. He just doesn't get it. Maybe a light will click with American coaching and players but I don't think so. He will always do some incredible looking things. He has skills, but they must not really understand how to get the most out of their star talent in China. Not enough "me", to much "we", I think. He doesn't seem to want it. The fact that Yi doesn't demand the ball in situations that would clearly call for it is bizarre to me. Makes me think they don't do that kind of thing, which is a really big thing, I think.

Can we let the Yi stuff die, everyone? He would have been very intersting but he's not a Hawk. I wanted to draft Yi and trade him, but we have to live with the Horford pick.

agree in most regards with your sentiments...and to further the 'big f'n deal'...with the exception of merchandise sold at a team's home arena (aka, during the games), all profits from jersey sales and the like are pooled from ALL teams and redistributed...

thus, it helps if players sell jerseys...it helps ALL the teams (their own...well, not so much).