• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Portland roster

Watchman

I will admit to not having seen either of these two players play too much, but did it not seem like a duplication to you guys when they added Channing Frye? Statistically at least, he is similar to LaMarcus Aldridge. Do you think they'll hang on to both players?

yep, especially if they move Magloire (or he leaves, can't recall his FA status and too lazy to look it up right now). Regardless...you need depth, Channing's used to coming off the bench, can play the 4 or the 5 in times of need...and is still on his rookie contract.

Yeah, they'll keep him.

Quote:

But boy is their roster stacked or what.

Pg- Jack/Rodriguez/Taureen Green/Steve Francis(buyout probable)

Sg- Roy/Fernandez/Udoka/Webster

Sf- Miles/Webster/Outlaw

Pf- Aldridge/Fry/Lafrentz/McRoberts

C- Oden/Przybila

NOT BAD!!

Yep the buyout went through, and also Udoka and Outlaw are free agents. Udoka's agent has said that a western conference team has offered him a 3 year deal for 12 million. If it is indeed true, he needs to run with it as portland will probably not offer him half of that.

Outlaw is a restricted FA that (according to pritchard) blazers intend to keep.

Also they traded for James Jones from Phoenix.

I wonder if Udoka will take a hometown discount to stay with the Blazers since he's a Portland State grad. It seemed like just last week Pritchard was high on both Udoka and Outlaw and it looked like Webster could be the odd man out at SF. You look at the trade for James Jones and that's the kind of player they hoped Webster would be at this point - a legit 3 point threat. I'm really liking the Blazers roster, especially with how many bigs they have stockpiled. I liked the Frye pickup, if not for anything else, as an insurance policy for both Aldridge and Oden.

Quote:

I wonder if Udoka will take a hometown discount to stay with the Blazers since he's a Portland State grad. It seemed like just last week Pritchard was high on both Udoka and Outlaw and it looked like Webster could be the odd man out at SF. You look at the trade for James Jones and that's the kind of player they hoped Webster would be at this point - a legit 3 point threat. I'm really liking the Blazers roster, especially with how many bigs they have stockpiled. I liked the Frye pickup, if not for anything else, as an insurance policy for both Aldridge and Oden.

The earliest speculation I saw in the oregonian is that a large deal might be probably involving jack and someone else (pryz?) for a more experienced player. I would think a SG/SF combo player that can score and shoot. Maybe the blazers even throw in their pick next year as god knows there is enough youth on the team already!