• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

What if the Gods finally smiled on us?

scottt

JJ stays as is. JS jumps to 19/10/5/3/2. MW breaks out to 18/10. Speedy stays healthy. SW plays like he did the final 10 games. JC/Z/AJ/Lu add depth. The rookies get some minutes.

This team is interesting. They have some stars and quite a bit of depth.

MW breaking out and Speedy staying healthy seem to be the key.

Exactly. A tandem of a healthy Speedy and Acie is very very respectable. Shelden doesn't need to develop. Look at his stats when he gets minutes and is preferably not injured. He dropped a ton of 10/10 games when he got 28 minutes plus.

I really wanna see Marvin improve. I think 18 is a bit much for him. If he is still being timid and AWOL, we should probably look into trading him in December.

I agree.

I don't know if that was sarcasm or not but I think keeping both of those picks is a sign of changed fortune in this town.

We had NEVER moved up in the lottery before this year.

And if there was ever a time to move up it was when it was to actually keep our pick.

Not only that but BK was smart enough not to trade the picks for trash like Zach Randolph or Luke Ridnour.

And we actually maximized the picks taking the best post player and PG available.

With those two picks added to this core we have arguably the most promising young roster in the league.

Guest Walter

Quote:

I agree.

I don't know if that was sarcasm or not but I think keeping both of those picks is a sign of changed fortune in this town.

...both these picks. I think we at least have an outsider's shot with them. I strongly think we needed another superstar but I would MUCH rather take our chances with the Pg and C positions almost filled than not filled at all with or without a potential superstar.

Quote:

Maybe it's less like God smiled on us and more like he felt sorry for us. Who knows.

W

Quote:

...both these picks. I think we at least have an outsider's shot with them. I strongly think we needed another superstar but I would MUCH rather take our chances with the Pg and C positions almost filled than not filled at all with or without a potential superstar.

That's the spirit! Look as big of a supporter as I am of Horford I don't expect him to be a bonafide NBA Superstar and neither do I expect that from Law. But I do think they both will be ABOVE AVERAGE players at their positions.

And if you have 5 above average players with two of them being all-stars (JJ and Josh Smith) you could win a title in this league.

Quote:

Maybe it's less like God smiled on us and more like he felt sorry for us. Who knows.

W

tongue.gif

Staying healthy is definately the biggest thing. But for the first time in recent memory the guys we drafted have the potential to contribute right away. They are not projects that are going to take three years. Hopefully by Dec or Jan they will be contributing in a consistent way. That's exciting.

• Moderators

Quote:

Actually, we moved up the year we drafted and traded Pau Gasol. We were not one of the three worst teams in the league but got the third pick.

10 boards a game with Horford, Shelden and Zaza around. If Smoove gets 8.5 - 9 and Marvin gets 6.5 - 7, I think we will be in GREAT shape on the boards.

Still, as you said, if Speedy stays healthy and Marvin breaks out, we could surprise a LOT of people.