• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

I talked to Thad Matta's Brother today...

TexasPete

At a HS 7 on 7 HS football tournament where he is a Cobb County AD. We talked a lot about Conley and he said the Hawks will regret not taking him. His bother believes that he was the OSU glue last year. He said that when Oden was out and when he got in foul trouble, Conley always stepped up and carried the team. He says that Conley's vision is the best his brother had ever seen and his defense will be freakishly good from day one. He said that he was a rare floor general in that he did whatever needed to be done and he was the soul of that team.

He also said that his athleticism was sick and that his shooting woes wouldn't be a big deal because his work ethic was the best Matta had ever seen and his shot was actually technically sound. He said when they needed a big shot he always seemed to make it.

He said that Conley is going to be an All Star by age 22 and will be the premier floor general in the league.

Just one opinion but I found it interesting.

First, Thad's a little biased. Second, has he coached any other good point guards? Schoonie Penn is the last decent PG I remember at Ohio State, then again I don't even think Matta was there at that time. I think Conley will be solid, but that guy is making him sound like a future Hall of Famer. That's just another man's opinion.