Did you know...

Diesel

• Premium Member

JT is shooting 42% from the field and Glover is Shooting 42.7% from the field?

That means that JT is our worst shooting starter....

Yes, Big Dog is shooting 43.2% and Theo 48%.

Did you know that Big Dog is averaging 1.3 spg? that .3 less that team leading JT???

What does 1.3 steals supposed to mean?Nothing

that great about that....ESP when you play soft

and you're man to get that one steal.

He's second in steals on a horrible team.Doesn't

prove very much.Robinson is a sorry NBA player

that basically battles his man to a near draw

most nights.

Robinson trades baskets with his open.

• Premium Member

It's interesting to me that people talk about GROb playing NO defense when he is second on the team in Steals. You ask what does that mean... That means that NOBODY is playing defense obviously. Or atleast no one is causing turnovers by way of defense.

Getting 1 steal a game doesn't mean you play

defense.Thinking about it...there is nothing

impressive about 1 steals.The ratio of steals

to getting scored on is pretty bad I can assure

you that.

Most night Robinson fights his man to a near

draw.In fact,his bad defense often cancels out

his scoring.

But this is decieving. I beleive JT is the most consistent shooter on the team (Dog is hot or cold). The reason his shooting percentage is so low is that JT is alwayse forced to hack up difficult shots at the end of the shot clock b/c he is really the only guy who can create a quick outside shot off the dribble. JT being the pg also hacks up one full court or half court shot a game at the end of any given quarter.

Some stats lie, while this may not be a lieing stat is misleading b/c of the shots JT is not scared to take.

for a PG...

now, it's a different story if our starting C was shooting 42%.... but for a PG, thats not that bad.

PGs arent suppose to shoot 50%

Diesel, for comparison sake... can u name several top PGs and tell me their FG %?

And TERRY does take most of our "RUSH" shots, when our team decides to be stupid and wait til 2 seconds is left on the clock and pass it to TERRY.

FYI - I did the math, and for the season JT's shooting 45.7 percent from two point land...however 38% of his shots are from three, accounting for his overall percentage.

I've stated this before. With the general lack of athleticism/ability to get their own shots of players on this team, JT, moreso this year than in years past, has "forced" some 3's and shots in general at the end of the shot clock after other players, particularly GRob and to an extent SAR attempt to penetrate, fail, and then just kick it back out to him with 4 seconds left....

42% isn't good for any position.The fact that it is

acceptable shows how bad of shape the NBA is

in.Right now the NBA is more predictable and boring

than it has ever been since I've been watching.

• Premium Member

Well, Jason Kidd has always been a poor shooter. Part of the reason he was traded out of Phoenix (along with Wife Beating and other things) however, his FG% Dipped below 40 and he was seen as a dreadful PG.

However, to fulfill your request...

Just a note, this is given by Games Started.... So it's not neccessarily in Order.

John Stockton 48.3%

Gilbert Arenas 43.8%

Stevie Franchise 43.6%

Steve Nash 46.8%

Derrick Fisher 44.2%

Toni Parker 46.5%

Stephon Marbury 43.8%

Eric Snow 44.8%

Alvin Williams 44.0%

Jason Terry 42.2%

Gary Payton 45.3%

Andre Miller 40.8%

Jason Kidd 41.8%

Sam Cassell 46.8%

Troy Hudson 42.8%

Again, Terry is on the bottom quarter of these PGs. All of these PGs share in the same problems as JT. It's surprising to me that guys like Cassell and GP has such HIGH FG%. Especially because they shoot a lot. IF JT is going to mirror their game, then he needs to get a better shot. It's no surprise to me that Kidd and Miller are such low shooters. These are prototypical pass first PGs. However, very surprising is that the leader on the list is Stockton. He's a pass first guy too, however, it must be that experience.

You said: " It's surprising to me that guys like Cassell and GP has such HIGH FG%. Especially because they shoot a lot. IF JT is going to mirror their game, then he needs to get a better shot."

As Weaseldom said, JT shoots almost 46% from inside the arc. The reason that Cassell and GP shoot a significantly higher percentage is because they both have made around 100 fewer 3's than JT and both have attempted roughly 250 less 3's than JT. If they shot as many 3's as JT, their fg%'s would likely be lower and if he shot fewer 3's, his fg% would likely be higher. Should he attempt fewer 3's? Maybe, maybe not but that is why his fg% is lower than theirs. On the other hand, Kidd and Miller are simply not very good shooters.

It gets really old watching JT throw up three's all

the time.When he does that he usally has a bad

shooting...His mid range jumper is actually pretty

good....CUT DOWN ON THE THREE'S!