• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Holy Crap, Braves dump Wickman!

gsuteke

Supposedly he complained about being used in non-saving situations (like last night's disaster). Link

I'm guessing Dotel (when he comes back) or Soriano slides into the closer role. Maybe Moylan, but he's been looking inconsistent as of late.

It'sa real shame this year. Getting Tex was a great boost and Chipper and Frenchy and others have been clutch... but our 3-4 pitchers have let us down along with the relievers again. Andruw certainly hasn't helped. We are gonna have to get on a real run to make the playoffs.

Concerning W(D)ickman...older fat guys are cool if they are getting the job done - but he wasn't. Adieu. munching_out.gif

Quote:

Wow, this is pretty dumb. Wickman is a veteran so I think he could close easily for this team. Dotel is clearly not a closer anymore, so this must mean Soriano in my opinon. Dotel just has an average 8th inning fastball nowadays, although he has experience which Soriano doesn't. Interesting situation, I have a wierd feeling that the Braves will put Dotel at closer, maybe he was bickering about Wick once he got here? No idea, though this is something to watch.

this was not a baseball move.

Does sound pretty fishy. I hope we are able to trade him and get something back. Maybe a team hoping to get into the playoffs would give us a young prospect. I think this reflects a sense of desperation with Cox and the GM. They see the playoff chances fading and needed to do something. Gotta wonder if Wick was a malcontent in the bullpen? We'll see what magic???????? Schurholz can pull out of his butt.

Hell, we need a 3rd starter and a 4th starter as well.

If a deal goes down, it won't surprise me if it is for Kyle Farnsworth. There was talk that the Yankees and Braves were discussing a Wickman for Farnsworth deal before the deadline, but the Yankees backed out at the last minute. It probably had something to do over them paying the larger percentage of Farnsworth's salary.

Plus, Farnsworth has cleared waivers as well, so he can be traded.