• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Will Kwame be traded?

cynic

Doug Collins and MJ don't like him. Can we pry him away for a reasonable price? I would love to have him. I still think he will be an all-star in 2 more years.

Interesting article below on the Wiz' demise. They say MJ wanted Brand and Jamal Crawford for the 1st pick 2 yrs ago. Krause wouldn't budge, so MJ pulled out.

Speaking of Crawford, he's averaging 22 ppg and 6.6 apg in 5 april games.

http://espn.go.com/nba/columns/misc/1534627.html

• Premium Member

It would take a pick.

I don't know if Kwame is worthy of a pick... However,

If we got 3rd pick and Anthony and Ford were not coming out, I would certainly trade the pick and Grob for Huges/Brown/ and filler.

He's not talking about the Indiana pick. He's saying if we happened to wind up picking third, however unlikely that is.

Of course, the Wiz would not trade Kwame/Hughes for Grob/bench player. They might deal Kwame + cap filler for Grob though....

If they have any cap filler, that is.

I was thinking something like Theo for Kwame + filler myself.

Trading Shareef for Kwame is almost impossible to do due to the salary cap trade restrictions. The Wizards would likely have to give up either Jerry Stackhouse in the deal, or they have to give up half their team.

IMO, the Hawks shouldn't trade Shareef for Kwame anyway. If they can't get Kwame with Glenn Robinson, then they should wait till Kwame becomes a free agent in 2 years, when the Hawks will have money to spend.

Kwame is now the same age Shareef was when Reef was a rookie. Kwame is averaging 8 ppg and 3 rpg while Reef was averaging 19 ppg and 7 rpg.