• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks Unrestricted After Belkin Ruling

AHF

• Moderators

UPDATE:

Bernie Mullin said this morning that the restrictions have not yet been lifted but will within the next 30 days if Belkin doesn't appeal this latest ruling and the case is formally remanded to the trial court.

• Premium Member

Quote:

UPDATE:

Bernie Mullin said this morning that the restrictions have not yet been lifted but will within the next 30 days if Belkin doesn't appeal this latest ruling and the case is formally remanded to the trial court.

I was under the impression that Belkin was ready to sell, so hopefully the extension for JSmith gets done.

• Premium Member

Here's Sekou response to the ABC report (from his blog):

Quote:

Nothing against the report that claims the Hawks are restriction free, but until they do something – an extension, trade, whatever – that isn’t interrupted by some injunction, I’m reserving my right to drink the Kool-Aid (we’ve all seen it happen too many times the past two years to do anything but wait, haven’t we?).

As for the assertion that the ownership dispute had little impact on how the Hawks did business the past two years consider this, on at least three different occasions executives from other teams informed me that they were interested in doing business with the Hawks but ultimately decided not to for fear the ownership feud disrupting said business.

More than preventing the Hawks from operating as normal, the ownership feud kept other teams from entertaining the notion of doing business with the Hawks out of fear of what could go wrong if they entered into talks.

That said, there were still plenty of teams that were willing to deal. But perhaps just not the types of deals the Hawks felt could make them better.

Also, he says Speedy is playing 'full tilt' in the pickup games. That's certainly a good sign.

The Atlanta Spirit group has shown no signs of being cheap. They also haven't shown any signs that they will just throw money around because they can. This team will never be run like the New York Knicks, who don't understand that wins do not come by spending more than every other team in the league.