• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

LeBron James might be the truth.

Diesel

• Premium Member

I think this is a bit conspiracy but a bit true.

James is the reincarnation of Jordan to the NBA.

A large media Star. What's left is for him to go to an eastern Team that's good enough to get him into a position to challenge Kobe-Shaq and develop a East - West Rivalry like Magic Bird.

There are some Eastern teams in the running.

1. Atlanta

2. Detroit

3. Toronto

4. Cleveland

5. Washington

6. Chicago

7. NY

8. Miami

These are the teams that are in the running for Labron James. Let's do some figuring.

1. Detroit is out. They could get him with Memphis' pick... however, with Halmilton in Detroit, I don't think Stern would be so tempted to do it.

2. Toronto is out. Yes, they will be in the running strong, but when you consider that they still have VC... I think it's less likely. More likely is Stern allows them to go downhill gracefully until they get out of AD's contract.

3. NY is too far out.

4. Washington is also too far out but with the loss of Jordan, replacing him with James seems like the right thing to do.

5. Cleveland is where you expect that he will go. But there's not enough to build a rivalry in Cleveland.

6. Chicago is very likely. In fact, with Curry and Chandler coming along, this could be the move. It would mean bye bye Rose, hello James.... Maybe Rose for a three like say.... Grob? or Wally Z?

7. Us. I think we have a shot but it's a relative small shot. It really depends on who becomes Owner and GM? Maybe we can sneak in the backdoor ala NJ. If Russ Granik become GM for the Hawks... I see this.

8. Miami. Miami is a team I think that could also get James. He could be the turnaround. It would mean bye bye Jones... Maybe Jones is traded for a C like Theo... or maybe something else happens like Jones to LAC for Khandi and Change... but Miami would have to get a big Man. That's not even slighting Jones to Denver for Howard SNT.

Point is I can see James being a part of a team that immediately challenges the Lakers.

Chicago vs. LAL 2004.

Detroit will only get the Memphis pick if it is not #1, which is the only draft position in which James could conceivably be picked.

I personally am not a conspiracy theorist like you, so I cannot speculate on who will get him.

I might be suspicious if he wound up going to the Wiz or the Knicks, but only slightly.

• Premium Member

There's a possibility that James won't go first. I mean, Anthony's stock is very high right now. I suspect a team like Toronto could concievably pass on James and take Anthony.

And, why do you need another stone before you can see the house being built. Look over the history of the draft.

Since Pat Ewing was first picked by NY, the draft has always been shady.

The Magic scores with Shaq and Penny in consecutive years?

The Bulls get screwed three years in a row?

The Bullets get Kwame?

The Nets get Martin?

[censored] we even bounced from 7 to 3 one time.

And let us not forget the screwing of Boston... And the Huge gains of the Spurs???

I think that the draft has been used to promote and protect the NBA. There are four teams in real need of good picks this year...

Atlanta

NY

Cleveland

Miami

These teams have slumping attendances. Well, NY is the biggest market in the game. It can't afford to be slumping. I wouldn't be one bit surprised if NY pulls off the miracle and gets James. Then Look for some trades to go down. Mainly, Spreewell or Houston for a C. Spreewell or Houston for a 3. And Watch Jerry West come out to play too.

• Admin

This guy isn't empty hype. I know someone high up in the basketball world who has seen the kid play. He said he's the real deal and will definitely go #1. Nobody is going to pass on the hype and potential that he will bring.

But I still don't buy into the conspiracy theories about the draft. Odds are weird things. They usually go as expected. But when they don't a lot of people start to get suspicious and it's usually because they refuse to accept the odds.

It's like playing craps in vegas. How is it possible that a guy in vegas can have a wad of money ridding on 4 and hit it 6 times straight. The odds are against it, very very stacked against it. But it happens. It just goes to show that as long as the odds give it a chance, then it can happen.

Most of the examples you give are well within the odds. The bulls didn't get screwed, they just didn't get the #1. The spurs were like the 5th worst team in the league the year htey got duncan. Orlando might have gotten Shaq. But they still missed the playoffs that year. They had a legitimate, though far fetched, shot at landing the #1. The nets were a horrible team when they got Martin. The bullets sucked too.

Odds aren't set up so that only the highest odds win every time, or even most of the time. They are setup so that everyone has a chance to win. Having the worst record does not mean you will get the #1 pick. It never has and never will. In fact history has shown that the team with the worst record, usually does not get the #1 pick.

• Premium Member

I see him as a newday Scottie Pippen if he has the size, but I don't think he has the size. Now... You say that he will be #1.

Maybe so, but some teams may just as well trade him away.

For Instance. Toronto.

Their need is definitely not at Sg.

NY.

If NY got James, I think they would trade Spreewell... But does he have the size to play 3?

Memphis.

I think Memphis keeps James just because.. However, they have Miller, Dickerson, Battier, Persons... That's a whole lot of logjam at that 2-3 position.

That's all good.

However, if you are Toronto... You get #1.

Do you keep James?

Why not trade James to whoever has #2 for a PG and Anthony (#2).

I'm telling you, Anthony's stock is rising. All James needs is ONE bad game workout.

• Admin

He's 6'8" and 240 with a long wing span right now. If his post moves are as advertised, he could dominate any SG in the league in the post as well as most SF's. Think T-mac with more body. He could be Scottie pippen like, but with better offensive skills than Scottie ever had.

I also wouldn't be set on saying the Toronto would trade him. Right now Lebron would be a bigger draw there than Carter is. If they got the #1 pick they would be in a most enviable position. I have several friends in Toronto and they say the common opinion of Carter is the same that many of us have. He's soft, not commited and has some serious injury problems now.

I don't think any team that got him would trade him. He is just too big of a draw and has way too much upside to not keep him. Anthonys stock popped as a result of his NCAA finals game. But he's still not close to James. One game will not erase a year of hype and performance.