• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks with best record in NBA!!!!!!!!!!!

a1aa0

• Premium Member

Quote:

Even if we do play our starters against their 2nd team (Was) to win the game (barely)!
smile.gif

Childres non-starter

Horford non-starter

Anthony johnson non-starter

Only starters were Marvin & Smith

Plus Haywood, Butler, & Stevenson were out played by the bench anyway

The Wizards had three of their top players log close to 30 minutes each:

Butler had 26, Arenas and Jamison each had 29.

I do not think this was a bad showing for us. Three starters and our sixth man from last year got 28 minutes or more; and our starting PG and Center did not. I do wish Woody would give JJ less minutes. 20 to 25 should be plenty. Even a whole night off would be welcome from my point of view...

Quote:

I just had to say it while I could...
smile.gif

Even if we do play our starters against their 2nd team (Was) to win the game (barely)!
smile.gif

Records mean nothing. Its the skills and improvements that Chillz, Smoove, Horford, Marvin, Zaza and Acie showed which will carry us for a decade. Other teams won't recognize us this year.

Quote:

Quote:

Many would say he should be starting over Marvin. I disagree, but I respect that opinion.

Based on what?

Do you just post to try and find any kind of argument you can find?

Some people think Childress should start over Marvin because they think he's better at this point. I happen to disagree with them, but it's obvious to anyone that comes to this website that some people feel that way. It ain't that big of a deal.

• Premium Member

Quote:

I happen to disagree with them, but it's obvious to anyone that comes to this website that some people feel that way. It ain't that big of a deal.

First of all, they didn't bring it up you did! Secondly People think that Horford should start but you didn't touch that! If I misread you I'm sorry.

Quote:

Quote:

I happen to disagree with them, but it's obvious to anyone that comes to this website that some people feel that way. It ain't that big of a deal.

First of all, they didn't bring it up you did! Secondly People think that Horford should start but you didn't touch that! If I misread you I'm sorry.

No big deal, maybe I misread you.

There has been a lot of discussion here about Childress, Marvin, who has earned what, etc. I brought it into this thread, but it's certainly been discussed ad naseum in this forum.

I didn't touch on Horford because he had already been addressed previously as one of the guys on the floor at that time who is not projected to be a starter right off the bat.

The key is coming out the Washington game HEALTHY

I almost want to play all backups to insure this.

BTW, I was wondering if this success could translate to the regular season. Well the fact that this is our best pre-season record since 95 has to count for something.

It's just too bad how brutal the beginning of our schedule is. Freaking people who make the schedule must hate us

• Premium Member

Quote:

carry us for a decade

Sorry.. but teams don't stay together that long anymore. That's why teams don't try to build through the draft. What you normally get is about 6 to 7 years. In that time.. One player will get hurt for a year and if it's newly drafted players, you will lose a year or 2 because of development. Teams like NO and Denver are doing it right. Get one player to build around and grab pieces from everywhere else never forgetting to use players as pieces of value.

Quote:

Quote:

carry us for a decade

Sorry.. but teams don't stay together that long anymore. That's why teams don't try to build through the draft. What you normally get is about 6 to 7 years. In that time.. One player will get hurt for a year and if it's newly drafted players, you will lose a year or 2 because of development. Teams like NO and Denver are doing it right. Get one player to build around and grab pieces from everywhere else never forgetting to use players as pieces of value.

You are wrong. I could tell you the reasons but you won't care about the reasons anyway. I'll just save my time.

Quote:

he just gave jj a night off 2 games ago...

I know. I just worry about needless injuries. JJ has shown for two straight seasons he is capable of all-star level play; let the guys who still have a whole lot to prove get the minutes...