• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

ron artest does it again!

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/playoffs2003/story?id=1548558

"INDIANAPOLIS -- Ron Artest apologized Friday for getting into a shoving match with a team official after the Indiana Pacers were eliminated from the playoffs by the Boston Celtics.

Artest became enraged following Game 6 Thursday when he was pelted with debris from fans at Boston while he was heading back to the locker room. Artest spotted the offender and attempted to get into the stands, but was restrained by law enforcement officers and team officials.

"I just wanted to go over there and throw something back at him,'' said Artest, who acknowledged he just should have walked away.

Then Artest got into a shoving match with former Pacers great Mel Daniels, now the team's director of player personnel.

"Mel did the right thing,'' Artest said. "He's a guy in the organization that I know that was telling me just, 'Let it go.' As much I didn't want to let it go, Mel was strong enough to pull me back in the locker room.''

Artest said he was glad Daniels was there to prevent the incident from escalating. He also said he would not pursue any further action against the unidentified fan.

It was the latest in season-long string of trouble for Artest.

Artest was suspended five times by the league and once by the Pacers for a total of 12 games. He led the league in flagrant-foul points with nine and was fined $155,000 and lost more than $250,000 in salary.

While other Pacers cleaned out their lockers Friday, Artest was shooting jumpers at Conseco Fieldhouse.

"I wish everybody could work as hard as I work, could go as hard as I go,'' Artest said. "Everybody's got their own minds.''"

------------------------------------------------------------

wat u think? u think hes pretty much gone (trade bait)?

he should get traded for RICKY DAVIS... lol

both need a fresh start w/ new teams.

I discussed that recently with a friend of mine who is a high school coach. How do you get through to players like Artest if you are a coach? How do you make them realize their actions are hurting the team?

It's probably impossible to talk to them rationally about their actions and not allowing their emotions to control the way they play. So, we came to the conclusion that you need to convince them that their ability to control their temper is another skill that they have to develop, just like shooting, dribbling, passing and playing defense. Especially with Artest you have to convince him that the area that's holding him back from being a marquee player is his attitude.

What ever team has Artest on his roster should check with Mo Cheeks and see what he did to calm Rasheed down this year. He's still emotional but this year he learned just how far he could go and didn't cross over that line too much this year. It's a tough spot for coaches because these type of players play off of their emotions so you don't want them to loose that intensity but they have to develop the discipline to control their temper.

If that doesn't work, then it's counseling and if that doesn't work maybe it's time to look into straight jackets.

He's just a jackass, and isn't the brightest bulb on the tree. He made it known that he wanted to only play for an african-american coach and the blazers hired Cheeks also since Cheeks grew up in Philadelphia idolizing the Sixers. Cheeks just happened to be someone that he had respect for before he sat in the coaches seat.

Now Rider. He was crazy.

When it was known two seasons ago that Artest was avaliable, I commented to Jeff Denberg that we should go after him, citing the lack of bloodthirsty killers on our team.

Denberg told me, "You don't want what he's bringing."

When I said that his fire is exactly what we needed, Denberg said that Artest was borderline crazy, and that CHI had been trying to keep it under wraps to get him dealt.